Re: Nexus 5
blegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really a pity Verizon cant be (removed) to give two craps about their most loyal customers

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

chuck-wants-N5
Enthusiast - Level 1

>Duplicate post deleted. Please follow the original post at the link below:<

no Nexus 5 = leaving VZW | Verizon Wireless Community

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
KickedAbyss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I posted in the 'or else' thread already, so I won't cross post my rant from there here, but the long and short is this is an unacceptable choice. 

My contract has been up for over a year, and I had considered staying with Verizon based purely on their ability to provide or support a true 'good' phone.  Not a single phone they've released has interested me in the past 3 years, not since the Thunderbolt (and we all know how well that went).  The Razr I use is iffy, slow and filled with crapware i could care less about.  With my normal apps I use on a day to day basis (no games or heavy cpu apps) it needs weekly reboots to keep it moving at a decent clip.

Really at this point there's nothing holding me to Verizon.  Sure I have my unlimited data plan, but I'm not about to pay 600+ for a Verizon bloated phone, and any other option is going to require a new contract.  Beyond that, there are as I said not a phone that I'd want that they offer.

And the reports I'm seeing are "Oh we have something coming in 2014 with Google!" - yeah, as with everything else, you're 6 months behind your competitors.  Why do I care about your 'awesome forward thinking' network and VoLTE if you don't allow devices we want on that network?

I'm in a unique position too as a Technical Consultant and Technology Executive for a host of businesses ranging from 10 users to 200+ users, and at this point I don't feel comfortable advising them to continue with Verizon contracts, or go with Verizon.  AT&T and Sprint have both made incredible investments and upgrades in our area that are easily catching up to Verizon, at less cost and with better phones and support.

zipzip143
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
hokiety2186

I too am leaving Verizon because of the poor treatment with the Galaxy Nexus.  What a joke!  now no nexus 5 has put me over the edge. See ya later Verizon

0 Likes
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

A petition is a great idea. 

But if you want it to be taken seriously by potential fellow petitioners and VZW, you might want to revise the petition statement - and use spell check as well.

0 Likes
zipzip143
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just did.

0 Likes
backlashwave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is still stuck in its old ways where it sees itself as king of the mobile telecom. We all need to leave verizon to bring verizon back to its senses. I paid the full amount for HTC Droid DNA(super crappy phone) when they sent me a replacement it looked much dirtier and used than my own phone.

I was hoping to get a Nexus 5 to solve my issues but seems like verizon simply likes to show me the door everytime.

0 Likes
backlashwave
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a disgruntled verizon customer, I strongly encourage you get your customers of verizon network. I am still evaluating moving to sprint, att, t-mobile in that order. With nexus 5 not appearing on verizon I have no other choice but to move to a different network

0 Likes
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. I have a feeling there's a bot that goes through and deletes posts with profanity and that's probably all the attention it gets.

Verizon's current selection of phones is terrible. Samsung's flavor of Android is bloated and ugly. Droids have good battery life but are burdened by Verizon's branding. Blackberry - won't bother talking about. iPhone - nah.

0 Likes