Re: Nexus 5
dschneider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Nexus 5 is available to everyone but me and the rest of VZW's loyal customers. This is unacceptable, and I want out.

Since VZW support is completely unreachable at the moment, are the ETF details available on the website anywhere?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

dschneider1 wrote:

Since VZW support is completely unreachable at the moment, are the ETF details available on the website anywhere?

Yep, click the Customer Agreement button at the bottom of the page.

openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ehco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years, have 5 lines of service, 2 data plans, and have recommended the coverage Verizon offers to other customers up until the last year. For 12 months now I have been contemplating a switch. Many of my friends and colleges use competitive networks and no longer suffer from the dead zones of the past. My current phone the Galaxy nexus remains a great phone 2 years after I originally purchased the phone and a Nexus device is a must for my next device. Verizon's choice not to support this device may just be the reason I go elsewhere. I plan to purchase the Nexus 5 unlocked and use a pay-as you go service until I find the network that best fits my travels. After that, so long Verizon and I will terminate lines as the contracts expire.

I suggest other Verizon customers do the same.

larkhillv
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

Search the page for the term "early" and you'll eventually get to the spot you're looking for. The termination fee depends on how soon your contract is up. It shouldn't take long to find--I think the term "early" only appears around 7 times on the page.

pattuspl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad to see you go Smiley Sad [jk]

Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welp, looks like I'm going to make good on my promise. I ordered a Nexus 5 the second it was available and I'll be canceling my service once I get it. This probably won't make a dent on Verizon's customer base, but I hope Verizon will decide on the future to let the manufacturers of phones do their own business

JesseJoJames
Enthusiast - Level 1

No Nexus 5, Galaxy nexus slow painful upgrade to 4.3 in limbo, no support for nexus 7......Verizon has their own agenda and unfortunatly theirs only, customers needs are unimportant,only reason people stick with them is because the network is most dependable. Updates are slow, phone choices suck.... who cares about Motorola droid lineup.... only old suckers buy them, bloatware Verizon navigation and Verizon ringtones...... seriously, senior citizens must run Verizon, one day... one day it will all come crashing down.

billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yet another loyal VZW customer of many years that will be taking his 5 lines with unlimited data to another carrier.

The lack of the Nexus 5 device on VZW, limited devices across the board and tiered data plans make this is a no-brainer decision.

dlane1
Enthusiast - Level 1

well thats it I ordered my Nexus 5 today and will be canceling my 10 plus year contract and 4 lines with VZW... Way to go Verizon!!!!