Re: Nexus 5
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is entirely not true and plenty of market surveys will back this up. Verizon is seen as the *worst* carrier in the US for non-iphone smartphones. This is according to a J.D. Power report released October 17th 2013. So you can say all you want, but it's not true. The reason Verizon is the best for iPhones is because they do not interfere with the device and let them do their own thing.

Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, even if Samsung releases a new phone for Verizon, almost guaranteed that:

1) It will not be exclusive to Verizon

2) It will take twice as long to get phone updates than if you buy it on any other carrier.

So why stick with Verizon?

ALKahn10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get the Nexus 5 if you don't want us to leave... Or else "bye bye!" I'm trying to explain it to you with out breaking forum rules but verizon is God awful! You bend over backwards for the iPhone but can't seem to get it right with Google.

bwk5150
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all due respect but that is so untrue. It is all about Verizon

retaining control. The people who run the show show little care for our

thoughts. We want pure Google experience and your the Only carrier not to

care enough to provide it. I have 7 lines and when they are up I promise I

plan on leaving. You talk with all do respect is cheap and Verizon's action

doesn't back that up

On Oct 27, 2013 8:41 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Isn't that the truth. Enough is enough. Got to vote with the wallet on this one.

0 Likes
Esteban4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Provided they don't get the Nexus 5, which is the most likely scenario, I

feel that voting with our wallet may not be enough to get Verizon to give

us a REAL Nexus experience. We cell phone enthusiasts have to take as much

business away with us as possible. We need to educate our loved ones,

friends and coworkers on what the Nexus program is and how it benefits the

security and longevity (in terms of OS updates) of their cell phone's

usefulness. We also need to get the word out that Verizon is screwing over

their customers and costing them higher amounts on money in contrast to

other carriers like T-Mobile with the highest priced data plans and the

most limited choice of non-IOS devices, all of which are purposely not

updated so that they're forced to buy newer smartphones more frequently.

0 Likes
openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh yea your definitely right on that. Iv'e got 4 of my family members off of verizon and on to straight talk and they couldn't be happier. Verizon has gotten to big for their britches and it's time for people to start standing up about all the bull they get away with. I mean look what they did with the galaxy nexus, that thing still hasn't gotten 4.3 and 4.4 is about to come out shortly, and what they did to the galaxy note 2 home button, removing the wifi toggle and the list could go on for miles. That's just ridiculous. I'm just glad I found other ways of getting up to date software on my phone's. I refuse to support verizon any longer and i'm gonna make sure I tell other people about there sorriness to.

r2harrisucsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be dropping Verizon January 10th - last day of my contract. It is going to be a glorious day!!

0 Likes
aranger21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is the day! The Nexus 5 has been released!  Go here for info:  http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/android-for-all-and-new-nexus-5.html

Guess where it isn't coming?  Verizon!  Go here:  http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051304/google-nexus-5-wont-work-on-verizon

So, as one of the posters in this thread I'm backing up my claim - my Nexus 5 has been ordered from the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb.  It will ship 11/5 and then ... wait for it ...

GOODBYE VERIZON!

Hope you all post here soon enough that you, too, will be leaving for a carrier that (a) supports Nexus/Google would want to work with, (b) allows updates to flow more freely, and (c) don't mess with my Google Wallet.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, we certainly do not want to lose you r2harrisucsd! We want you to renew your relationship with us many more years to come. What's making you want to cancel service? Anything we can do to retain you as a customer?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes