Re: Nexus 5
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

It'll be a considerable surprise if VZ snags a supported Nexus phone, Google has had very little incentive to support carriers with a draconian phone policy. At best, Google might surprise everyone by engineering the bands needed to support VZW, but even then, Verizon will not allow it on to their network until it's 'approved'. similar to the whole Nexus 7 (2013) LTE fiasco.

ALKahn10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope Verizon understands that i will be dropping them if WE THE CUSTOMERS do not see a Nexus 5 for Verizon sold through Google Play.  Verizon is not worth this.

aranger21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It gets even better for Verizon customers on the Galaxy Nexus... this article, if true, definitely has me jumping ship as soon as the Nexus 5 is out:  http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/10/verizon-galaxy-nexus-android-4-3-update-limbo/

If the link above doesn't work Google:

gottabemobile verizon galaxy nexus android 4.3 update limbo

So, if there is no 4.3 update for the Galaxy Nexus, and instead VZW takes their usual 6+ months to release a new Android version, once 4.4 rolls out it just means my GNex will still be underperforming at 4.2.2 for a while... definitely can't wait to leave VZW.

cinco312
Enthusiast - Level 2

As will I. My $2,400 a year account will be jumping to T-Mobile. We all know the Nexus 5 WILL NOT be on VZW. Look at the Galaxy Nexus fiasco and the new Nexus 7 deb not having "Verizon certification" It's obvious Google and VZW don't get along, ever since the Google Wallet days over three years ago. If they allow Apple to do what they want, why not Google? After the tease by Google today it's certain this device will be releasing tomorrow or the next few days and we will have confirmation that it won't be compatible with this horrible (business practices) network.

present
Enthusiast - Level 1

If that's true (it isn't), then Verizon should start begging for the Nexus 5, and if it's not working then BEG HARDER.

People use Google because they want to. People use Verizon because they have no choice.

punkwhan
Enthusiast - Level 1

As soon as my contract ends, I'll dump Verizon and never look back if I can't get N5. Actually, I'm even willing to pay the penalty for premature termination of the contract and go with either at&t or t-mobile if I can get N5 with one of them. Verizon sucks.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not true, I have adequate service from all 4 major carriers (and maybe some smaller ones too), but I still choose Verizon... because they are the best carrier over all.  Just because you don't like the choice doesn't mean you don't have one.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Your comment about the Nexus phones not being popular shows your complete ignorance regarding the Nexus program. Last year when the Nexus 4 was released Google and LG couldn't keep them in stock. As others have stated, it's Verizon's refusal to allow a pure Google controlled device on their network which is why Verizon will never have another Nexus phone. Those who understand cell phones knows it's nothing but lies about Verizon protecting their network by not allowing unlocked bootloaders on customers phones also, otherwise why would they allow developer editions?

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I use Verizon as I have no choice

>> Attacking comments removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Good comment. If it wasn't for Android Verizon would never be in the position it is in now. Apple and ATT were ruling the market in 2008/2009. The OG Motorola Droid and Android OS helped turn the tide. Then came the Droid Incredible. One thing I think Verizon fails to realize is the a lot of customers are just waiting for the other carriers to get 4G in their area before jumping ship. I know I am and I have 4 lines and indirectly control 9 others through family. I'm going to take all of them with me as soon as possible. I know a lot of people who are doing the same thing. I chat with them on various forums. Granted their are a lot of people that have cell phones that really have no idea about any of these issues of the difference between the various Android OS but there also a lot of plans controlled by phone geeks. This phone it will be interesting to see how many Galaxy Nexus customers jump ship to the other big 3 as soon as possible.