Nexus 5 likely not coming to Verizon
TenaciousMV
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7283/potential-nexus-5-fcc-disclosure-reappears-lgd820

If they don't get this phone, my ten years as a customer ends 12/15/13. What a bunch of clowns.

Labels (1)
Re: Nexus 5 likely not coming to Verizon
jmrodri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/06/lg-nexus-5-round-up-a-beautiful-render-plus-everything-we-know/ it doesn't look good for working with Verizon. After 13 years with Verizon, my contract is up, my Nexus 4 is in the mail. As much as I like the Verizon coverage, T-Mobile's price and phone selection is so much nicer. Good luck to those that want a Nexus device on Verizon. Smiley Sad

gn33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I saw this. Very disappointing. I will have to leave Verizon, also.  Hopefully, someday, they will stop diverting money into pushing their sub par Droid line and focus on giving customers the one thing they're actually paying for, cellphone service.  Until Verizon can start selling phones directly from the manufacturers, as is and on time, I will take my business elsewhere.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Until Verizon starts losing money due this, nothing is going to change.

BlunderBoltOwnr
0 Likes
rav5479
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is really sad and I hope that Verizon reads these forums.  I am month by month now and if they do not carry the Nexus 5 then I too will be leaving.  I am sure there are plenty of great phones on Verizon but I want the Nexus 5 and if they don't get it then I will be taking myself along with the other 4 people on my plan with me.

jmrodri
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just ordered my T-Mobile SIM card for my Nexus 4. I'm so tired of the high plan prices on Verizon.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They don't read these forums.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

I'm shocked (Shocked!) that Verizon isn't getting another Nexus phone.  They did so well with their last one.

/sarcasm

Smiley Happy

briand187

I am getting this phone gsm and unlocked and i am gone as well!! this two year agreement, huge monthly bills ($115 with the fees and taxes added on!!), taking away my unlimited data crap is for the birds. having to wait 2 years to get a new phone is insane!! i had to jump though a million hoops to get my broken galaxy nexus replaced...WHY!!!?? if i stay with your company as a provider what does it matter how many phones i get from you at contract price...am i not still on contract with you???? and the new edge program is CRAP as well...look it up and see that they are still robbing you! you can walk into any walmart and get straight talk for $45 a month unlimited everything and on a at&t tower (or t mobile) as well so you are bound to have coverage. i have been a verizon customer for 12 years now and i am gone! it will be worth the $250 fee to get out early since saving $70 per month on my phone bill won't take long to see that money back in my pocket!

0 Likes