Re: Nexus 4 on Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

there's more to it than that, and it has to do with source which has nothing to do with carriers.

0 Likes
jerhurwitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

So sad Nexus 4 doesn't look like it will be offered at Verizon. I switched from galaxy nexus to galaxy s3 and still miss my nexus phone a lot. Just want to go back to Nexus!!!!!!

WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you're saying Google could update the Verizon Galaxy Nexus if they wanted to, like Apple does their verizon iphone, but they chose not to. Is that what you are saying? Verizon has no say in it? That's interesting!

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you are going to have to leave Verizon to get a Nexus now. Verizon will probably only be pushing Apple and Droid branded hardware, imo.

0 Likes
ZiggyZing
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Nexus 4 will not work it's not CDMA/LTE capable only GSM/HSPA+ networks will work with it like AT&T and

T-Mobile.

Google didn't want to give the Nexus 4 to Verizon because they literally destroyed what the Galaxy Nexus was suppose to be, a pure google phone. They blocked or banded Google wallet from the play store oh wait i'm sorry I mean "won't allow" isn't that the same thing??? and thinking since it's a Nexus we'd be first up in android updates guess again nope! so Verizon pretty much destroyed Googles flagship phone for what it was suppose to be a pure good android experience with out carrier limitations so thats the reason why Google won't bring the new Nexus 4 to Verizon or any other LTE network carrier.

Also about updates Google pushes them still but in order for us to get them they have to go through hoops with Verizon, They test out the updates and then they decide wether they want to go through and push the updates or not.

also I think we should get updates because they way Verizon does things is like lack of customer support and they don't come out with the updates instead they go  "Oh why bother updating when you can just get a new phone with the latest update instead!!" is what is seems like to me. just wait they'll have a new phone wit JellyBean 4.2.1 installed and us Galaxy Nexus user are going to have to wait still.

Tidbits
Legend

You have no idea on licensing...  LTE is so locked down and is proprietary(which no carrier owns).  It would increase the cost, and since LTE bands are so far and between that it would need to have different versions as currently there is no LTE radio that supports multiple bands at an affordable price.

0 Likes
researchb4posting

What I found on using the Nexus 4 with Verizon. Also, it will accept voice calls.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/23/3681450/nexus-4-band-4-lte-support

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure what you are implying, but that article says that it will, in no way, work on Verizon. Which is no different from what was originally announced.

0 Likes
wswartzendruber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm only sticking to Verizon because I'm a grandfathered Alltel member with unlimited data.  As soon as this contract's up, I'm going with a different carrier for my next Nexus device.  I don't at all appreciate you guys at Verizon blocking Google Wallet.  I know you want me to use Isis instead, but I really don't feel like driving all the way to Salt Lake City just to make a purchase with my phone.  The McDonald's down the street takes Google Wallet right now.  So does the local 7-11 store.

ssands1
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I can say is...No matter what Verizon Wireless does or does not do,  My Next Phone Will Be The New Nexus 4 with more memory capability, 4G-LTE, and all the other things THAT PHONE will offer when Google gets through with it to make it one of the better phones out there...Verizon Better get a better idea quick, or else...