New text messages getting combined with old ones
dncamp

I have been having the same problem for 2 years now. It temporarily resolved when my friend (on t-mobile) got an iPhone, but it is now happening with my husband (who also has verizon). I was told before it was because we were sending messages from iPhone to Droid and from Verizon to t-mobile, but that's obviously not the case as my husband has Verizon with me. It's very frustrating because very important messages are getting messed up. It definitely has to be the server, because the messages that are being morphed into my new messages were sent before I got my new iPhone. I too would appreciate some feedback and help with this situation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New text messages getting morphed with old ones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dncamp,

Oh no, that is 2 years too long to have this problem. We want to get this resolved. Please follow me (KarenC_VZW) and send a direct message. I want to ensure this issue gets addressed and resolved.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
Re: New text messages getting combined with old ones
octoberhound

I have also had this problem. It is happening between me and my boyfriend who has his own account but also has Verizon.It has been going on for about the last year- about once a month- we have been taking screen shots our screens and sending the other person the pics of what we really had sent form our phones when we think that this has occurred. It is really annoying when he tells my that I need to take an English class and quit texting gibberish- and then I get defensive because from my side of things, my messages are making sense. from all that ive read about this I think it has got to be verizion's server- I have had a couple new phones at this point and there is no possible way the old messages that keep coming through mixed with the new current messages were even typed on the new phone (ive had my new phone less than 3 days). This is an issue and needs to be fixed- and if a Verizon service rep happens to read this do not refer me to twitter- ive clicked on a couple links to check that out. I do not have a twitter account, and do not intend to set one up just to receive run around on this issue.   

0 Likes
ladderwalker86

Karen,

I am having the same issue. I have a Verizon iPhone and my girlfriend has T-Mobile. About once every 2-3 days, she will either 1) not receive a text I sent, 2) receive part of a very old text (ie, from weeks ago) combined with just part of a new text. Some of the messages are short, others longer. A few days ago I wrote a longer message and tried sending the message 4 times in a row, copied and pasted, and she didn't get any of them, but in between sending those copied and pasted ones she received my short messages asking if she had received the longer one (the longer one was probably 300-400 characters).

This problem has persisted over about 6 months, and during that time we have erased all content on her phone, and I also upgraded from an iPhone 4s to 5s, and the problem has still persisted. I believe it's an issue with the servers, since the texts from a long time ago are getting garbled in with new texts. Is there any way to prevent this? It is incredibly frustrating and it is making me consider dropping Verizon and trying a different company because the most important use for my phone is to text my girlfriend.

0 Likes
Re: New text messages getting combined with old ones
Blossom6

My husband and I have had this problem for 2 years as well. I have a Droid RZR Maxx and he has had several different phones (Droid 3, Razr, and now an iPhone) both of us have always been on the Verizon Network and use the standard Verizon messaging system on the phones. When it first started happening we were on separate plans and now we are on a shared plan and the problem continues. The issue always seems to happen when we send a long text message. If it is more than a certain number of characters (never determined what the magic number is for it not to freak out) then the next text or two that you receive will get jumbled up with an old text not even on the phone anymore. Also, since he has had several different phones and I have kept the same one we thought it was my phone (the one receiving the mixed up messages) that is the problem.  He has never received a mixed up one from me. I have tried deleting him from contacts and adding him back, but as soon as we start texting long messages to each other again the problem comes back. So frustrating.  I have become really good at figuring out when I get a jumbled text so we don't get into fights about what the other said, but it is something I shouldn't have to do!

0 Likes