New phone missing Google Play Store app
ginjordan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just purchased (2) Samsung Galaxy Stellar phones.  One phone had the Play Store app preloaded, the other phone did not.  Is there anyway I can download this app from online without having to go back to the Verizon store.  Without this app, there is no way to download other apps.  Thanks for any assistance. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New phone missing Google Play Store app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it missing from the phone completely? Go to settings > apps > all tab and scroll down to see if the Play Store is there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ginjordan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have a choice of choosing apps in my settings.  I checked my application manager and it is not there.  Have no idea why it isn't on my phone, but it is on my husbands.  Just bought the phones 2 days ago.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would check the app drawer that's were it should be..

0 Likes
ginjordan
Enthusiast - Level 3

dummy with a smart phone here....what is the app drawer?  lol

0 Likes
B33
Legend

it's on the main screen of your phone it should say app's tap on it and it will bring you into the app drawer look for PlayStore)

0 Likes
ginjordan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done it hundreds of times, but it's not there.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It may be listed as "Market" instead of Playstore) you can go on your mobile browser Google playstore apk. and it should pop up the latest OS of playstore.. you can then download it to your phone. Your local store should be able to help you with doing this..

0 Likes
ginjordan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have nothing pertaining to Market at all.  I will have to go back to the Verizon store and see whats up.  Thanks to all for your assistance.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your welcome). b

0 Likes