Highlighted

New phone and notifications aren't cooperating with email

mkhudson

I got a refurbished phone due to my breaking my other stratosphere phone the other day. I have been working on getting this phone back to where I had it before I broke the other and I have not been able to get my email notifications to cooperate. I have gone into the settings of both the email and my phone and I am still having issues. It's like the email is not refreshing before I open it. It looks like it is refreshing when I open it and that's it. Do I need to take it in and have it looked at or is there something I'm missing? BTW I'm using Yahoo for my primary email.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: New phone and notifications aren't cooperating with email

Community Manager
Community Manager

mkhudson, no worries, this is an easy fix. It sounds like you have your e-mail set up to manually fetch for new e-mails. You will need to access the settings of that e-mail account and change the "fetch new e-mail" option. This programs your device to fetch new e-mails every 15 minutes, 30 minutes or hourly. As a result, new data will be pushed to your phone directly from the server. Click http://vz.to/vOYYCX and select your device to retrieve the steps on how to do this.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes