New phone.....Help me please!!
CAREE6

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I've had it 15 days. I HATE IT!! I don't get any voice mails until I go in and manually refresh it and then sometimes I'm able to and sometimes I'm not. I just sent someone a text and it showed on my screen that it sent but he forwarded me the message that actually got sent to him. One that I sent probably 3-4 months ago. I also can't get the sounds to change on my text message alert. It still does the whistle when I have it changed to something else and it shows in settings that it is changed to a different sound. The whistle is driving me crazy. Also I'm wondering why when I turn my volume on the side down, it doesn't affect the text message or ring tones. I still get blaring loud notifications at work and if I turn it all the way down to vibrate, I either don't feel it or hear it. Last but not least, I deleted google play on accident when I first got the phone (which is my own fault) so I also can't get any apps. Does anyone have any ideas how to help me fix some of these things?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New phone.....Help me please!!
Not applicable

How to Factory Reset Your Galaxy S5 | Digital Trends

Follow the directions in the link above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: New phone.....Help me please!!
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Google Play is considered a system app, and many people who think they have accidentally deleted it have actually only disabled it. Go into app manager, scroll/swipe over from the default downloaded screen over to All. Scroll down in the All page and look for Google Play Store. Is it there? Is it disabled? If so re-enable it. (If not post and let us know - there are places you can download the Google Play Store app from). After you get Google Play up and running update all your apps. (It may help with your other issues).

What text messaging app are you using? the default texting app, Verizon's message+, Google Hangouts, or something else? You could try a different texting app (some of which should have already been pre-installed), and see if that makes a difference with your texting problem.

When you're adjusting volume do you see a wheel/sprocket/tool icon on the screen? If you click on that symbol it will bring up a screen that lets you adjust different volume settings (ring tones, music/videos, alarms, notifications, etc) independently.

In addition you could try a system clear cache that fixes a lot of problems, for a lot of people (you don't loose any data).

http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-galaxy/t370847-samsung-galaxy-s5-clearing-cache-partition-rebooti...

0 Likes