New droid phones coming out?
nykkg

I am contemplating getting a Droid Maxx because of its apparently great battery life, but it looks like its been out for about a year now. Should I just wait a few more months if there is something similar that's better coming out? Or when would the next latest and greatest droid phone come out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New droid phones coming out?
billhong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read on some of the mobile blogs that Disney has decided not to renew Verizon's rights to use the tradename "Droid" in the future for its phones.  So there may well be similar models, but they won't have the same name.  They may still also be made by Motorola--word has it that they've gotten a trademark on the name "Moto Maxx".  So it may be a moniker for a successor model with a large battery, but not one exclusive to VZW. 

Re: New droid phones coming out?
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's speculation the the next moto X will be called the moto maxx and it will be similar to the current moto X, but with improved hardware, including a Maxx sized battery. Should launch in the next couple months. and if you've never used the moto X, it's got some pretty cool hands free features.