Re: New Update Bluetooth Issue
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No problem. I'm going through withdrawal not having to help my grandparents out with all things tech, so I like to get my fix.

Those look pretty sweet. I still kick it old school with some corded ear buds. My new favorite obsession are the ones made out of wood.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lol, know the feeling. Usually I get that role as well. You learn a lot that way.

Definitely wood is the best, I totally agree! The house of marley puts out some pretty great wood headphones. May wind up with their bt version since this fiasco. Since I work with animals and dogs in particular cords never work out well for anyone involved. Lol, destroyed one to many a pair that way.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Ha. That's what I do too and actually have a pair of Marley. My Ferret likes to take off with the ear buds though and when I'm kicking it with the pups I have to feed the cord through my shirt which is rather irritating. I still can't seem to convince myself to get BT.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is funny. And actually really useful info since I'm researching into getting a ferret as a new furry companion. Good to know "Keep headphones tucked away." Check.

The sound isn't as good. You definitely miss the depth. But the newer models are worlds better. Supposedly unless you are an audiophile it's hard to tell the differance between a plugged in pair and wireless on some of the better bt headphones. And the freedom of no cords while I'm training, playing, massaging, or walking someone's pup is pretty amazing. Lol, I usually forget I'm wairing them since they are so easy to toss them around my neck and go. You don't really realize how limited you are with a plug. Ex. Having your cell charging a room over, while you listen to music, while doing the dishes and making dinner. So worth it, IMHO (:

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Ferrets are an awesome mix, it's like having a cat-dog. You just have to train them right and you won't have to deal with that nasty mulch - mine sleeps with blankets and is litter box trained = NOT SMELLY.

See that's what I have Amazon Echo for; she plays me music while I tinker about the house, no wires and when I need to add something to the grocery list I just tell her.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems like the perfect combo to me! Just like with any pet training and communication is essential. I love how intelligent they are, and well they are absolutely adorable 🙂 Litter box is a yes. And I don't like the mulch either. It's a pain to deal with and I don't think it's healthy.

The echo is probably the best (reasonably priced) smart speaker so far. I just prefer headphones over speakers in general. And with my MAXX the command function is already active 24/7. Either way technology is pretty amazing. Just wish it would stop with glitchy updates. Well now I'm headphone shopping since I don't think we'll see an update anytime soon. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK so here is an update. I randomly came across a discussion on another forum and found this temporary fix for Bluetooth. I downloaded Bluetooth Auto Connect from Uniq Tec. Not a permanent fix but so far it seems to have stopped the glitches in the sound. Thank goodness for little things that actually work.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never mind. Helped a little, but there's still glitches. Huh...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I haven't looked recently, but the unofficial statement was by the end of July sooo a fair bit of time.

0 Likes