New Update Bluetooth Issue
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own a Motorola Droid MAXX. Android version 4.4.4, and I just had an update a few days ago. Since then my Bluetooth headphones have not been playing audio well at all. I keep getting glitches and blank spots while listening. It is driving me crazy as I use my headphones daily while working. I listen to both audio books and Google play. Neither are getting a good connection. It's like when you walk to far away from your device it cuts in and out, except I literally have my phone a foot from my headphones over a strong WiFi connection (even over 4G) and it is doing this. I tried clearing the cache and data. Unpaires my headphones and paired them up again. And it's still not working. I've had updates like this before and it is driving me crazy right now. I need someone to fix this update and soon. I have no idea how to get in touch with Google Android so I'm currently here. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Oh and as a side note I can't get my storage to show in settings either. It just says calculating. I can only see available space.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Update Bluetooth Issue
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It was wishful thinking. Typically the more expensive headphones like Bose will have software updates available that way they work with the new phones that come out. The less expensive ones don't typically have that often, BUT you'd be surprised. You seem to be right though, I can only find a Facebook page for Sir Ike.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What are the headphones that you are pairing with the phone? Brand and Model number.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are an off brand. Sir Ike Pro. Not sure of the model number. I've been using them for about 2 years now. They've been working fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not the headphones but a software issue...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Right, but Bluetooth headphones have software also, so instead of waiting for the new lollipop update I was hopeful you could try and update your headphone software instead.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh yup, just noticed an earlier message about this from ultraneight. There is still no fix in the US for this? Really?

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uh, no don't think that's possible with these. They are a pretty basic pair of Bluetooth headphones. Maybe it's time to update them with a new pair. Thanks for asking though 🙂

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Not yet.

You mentioned clearing cache and data, that was under your Bluetooth yes?

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. Under Bluetooth share version 4.4.4-3

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It was wishful thinking. Typically the more expensive headphones like Bose will have software updates available that way they work with the new phones that come out. The less expensive ones don't typically have that often, BUT you'd be surprised. You seem to be right though, I can only find a Facebook page for Sir Ike.

0 Likes
Terrarosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ya, they are a hardy pair but I'm pretty sure the company isn't putting out anymore headphones. They are just selling on Amazon as far as I know. I was actually trying to wait till September for the headphones "The Dash" by Bragi to come out. A very drool worthy pair of bt headphones with update capabilities. That's still a couple months out though... Thanks anyway. You are pretty awesome for answering all these questions! I know it is appreciated!

0 Likes