New Moto X Advanced Calling this Fall?
chriscapaci

So, fall is quickly coming to an end, but I've read multiple reports of Advanced Calling coming to the new Moto X this fall. So, when is it coming? No data while on a call is extremely inconvenient. I really hope this happens soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Moto X Advanced Calling this Fall?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chriscapaci,

Great question. We want you to be able to enjoy your phone fully. As of currently we do not have an exact release date for the software update for the Moto X. You can keep up to date here... http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Blame Motorola for not having the ability to have 2 antennas working at the same time. You do realize you will only be able to talk and use data if you're doing a HD Voice call which means the other person has to have a device that is Advanced Calling capable and enabled. And of course in a 4G area.

0 Likes
chriscapaci

Fortunately, you're completely wrong about the simultaneous voice and data part. VoLTE will enable simultaneous voice and data no matter who you're calling. I won't go into detail, but read more about how this stuff works and you'll see.

Now, the WHEN is what we really need for the Moto X!!! Haha.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's educate ourselves.

If you aren't able to make or receive an HD Voice call, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

• HD Voice isn't activated on the line you're calling

• VoLTE is set to Off on your phone or on the phone you're calling

• Either you or the person you're calling isn't using an HD-Voice-capable phone at the time of the call

• Either your phone or the phone you're calling isn't connected to the Verizon 4G LTE network at the time of the call

Now "HD Voice" is just Verizon term for VoLTE. Well this FAQ clearly says if the other person doesn't have HD Voice you won't be making a "HD Voice( thus VoLTE) call. If you're not making a VoLTE call you're using the CDMA network. Or....... the person that wrote Verizon's FAQ on this topic is wrong.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

[Fortunately, you're completely wrong about the simultaneous voice and data part. VoLTE will enable simultaneous voice and data no matter who you're calling. I won't go into detail, but read more about how this stuff works and you'll see.]     For you reading pleasure:   Advanced Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless     mrhelper   is giving you the correct information on this feature.

dbsedrick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Find it iteresting that VZW has not responded.  What false advertising!

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

HD voice only pertains to the call being on both ends VoLTE is used all the time. I have a droid turbo when I make standard call in an LTE area it to a land line, I have voice and data

0 Likes