Re: New: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
kandd0

For some reason, ever since updating my phone will no longer vibrate when receiving text messages, is anyone experiencing this also?  My roommate did the update at the same time that I did and he's having the same issue, neither of us can figure out how to change it.  It's quite frustrating!

0 Likes
Not applicable

SETTINGS - SOUND - check Ringtone With Vibration.

0 Likes
kandd0

This changes nothing, it was previously on, I've tried it checked and unchecked Smiley Sad

Edit:  I've also tried turning the volume for the actual phone up, having it vibrate while ringing, then turning the sounds down on the actual ringtone and notification tone.  Is there just any ways to revert the update?  It's beyond angering me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

SETTINGS - SOUND - SILENT MODE - VIBRATE

kandd0

Thats what it's been on, I really don't understand why it won't vibrate when receiving texts, it even vibrates for facebook notifications..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked in the text message application itself? There are often separate settings for just thataapplication.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
InOregon

I had that problem too, until I manually started the software update myself.  Then it downloaded and installed.  And I wish I hadn't. 

Any suggestions on why:

1. I'm given an email notification (1 or 7), but the email screen is blank (before the emails showed up just fine)?  I tried deleting the account and recreating the account.  Now my phone can't even link with my server.  Is this a known issue?

2. My battery is now being gobbled up at twice the speed of before?  I'm being told my OS is using 54% of my battery!

3. Extra "blank" home pages were added, although I liked having just three?  How can I delete them?

4. My Assistant app now works verrrrrrryyyyyy sloooooooowly?

And those are just the problems I know about.  Haven't tried all installed apps yet.

I wish I could uninstall the update and go back to Gingerbread, when everything was working!

0 Likes
UtahICS
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is getting really old LG. I'm not buying another LG phone. EVER. again.

The ICS update was supposed to be released in February of 2012. I know this because I read the upcoming updates every morning  5 days a week. An entire year later LG releases ICS. And it has more bugs than the ICS on Nexus started with.

Solution: Permanently enable vibrate for texts. This means that you can't toggle vibrate with volume up and down...

vibratorscreenshoterrorlogcat.png

0 Likes