tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it isn't out yet

0 Likes
Re: New: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
stef7
Master - Level 2

Folks, assuming we do get the update in the next few days (probably the OTA will start Monday or Tuesday), there are some smart people on the LG support site recommending some actions for us to make so the update proceeds as smoothly as possible. I think the intent is to design updates to work without the user going through extra work. On the other hand, if you experience problems during or post-upgrade... you may wish you did this prepatory work. If this all seems to much for you, well, then maybe you want to let as much of it happen for you as possible. However, you'd still probably want to perform a Hard Reset following the installation of the update.

YMMV

Once you receive the notification that the software update is available, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT right away. Follow these steps:

1. First back-up all the stuff you need like contacts, pics whatever.

((write down your ingoing and outgoing server settings for any email client you are using. do you remember your passwords? write down your list of "have to restore apps" (although most of these are captured in Google Play and can be reinstalled easily, you might have downloaded some from Amazon or even side-loaded them from somewhere else. You could even take a snapshot of your homescreen (Power and Home Key Simultaneously) so you know where your icons and widgets were. You can do an export of your contacts to the microSD card. Back up the contents of your microSD card onto a PC)) for good measure. In applications that don't necessarily store their data for easy recovery (Richnote perhaps)? Write that stuff down. Make sure you know your WiFi SSID and password. have that handy.))

2. Perform a hard reset.

((doing this will free your phone from any apps that might have been added, but will also free up memory so the update program has as much memory as possible available to do it's thing with success)).

3. Download and install update

4. Once the update is successful, perform another hard reset

5. Put back contacts/media etc

6. Re-install apps.

0 Likes
LompocDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I click on the verizon update link info, the pdf file that pops up is for the last upgrade we got. Its not the Ice Cream Sandwich screenshot I'm seeing from other sites. Am I missing something here?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/spectrum.html

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you cleared out your cookies and tried again, LomocDad?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LompocDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome....Thank u Ann154

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The reason your posts keep getting deleted its because you keep insulting other users, a direct violation of the TOS of this site. When another user reports your post, it gets hidden until a moderator can review it. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll get banned.

0 Likes
Not applicable

TwoTabs wrote:

DID YOU NOT JUST READ ANYTHING THAT I JUST POSTED?????

my problem is that VZW is letting  (deleted inappropriate content as per VZW ToS) like you run these forums....

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

I don't run anything here but I can infer by your posts that you think only YOUR opinion should count and anyone that doesn't agree with your point of views needs to keep quiet. Sorry not everyone is going to agree with your "Verizon is evil" rantings. Though I do say you do have many people that think like you posting here. Perhaps you all could form a support group. You could call it "People That Think Verizon Is Evil , But Still Remain Customers For Unknown Reasons"

Not applicable

actually ive seen plenty of things get deleted that had nothing to do with the violation of the rules...that is a hunk of bs you are throwing out there

0 Likes
Not applicable

if they really feel the need to bann me then by all means go ahead. There are way better forums for android phones then this one, in which i don't talk like this...tyvm

0 Likes