Re: New: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
jeshbeast

http://www.ehow.com/how_4423105_file-class-action-lawsuit.html

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

In addition I believe a facebook page would also be appropriate at this point to caution other consumers of these unethical sales tactics.

I'm not sure how long this will stay on here due to VZW trolls editing their own website for the mere purpose of trying to cover up the current mess they've made so I will PDF this post as evidence.  Any time this is deleted it will be reposted. Any time I am banned I will join again and repost.  Verizon this is outright wrong and you should pay up for you illegal tactics. 

Very sincerely,

Fate

Originally posted 10:18PM MST 10/7/2012

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read your customer agreement with Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

just cause there is a loophole in the customer agreement doesnt mean we cant sue verizon......you sir are ignorant....its called fraud.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

TwoTabs, Ann is a female. And in this case, I believe there are some things expected of people filing claims. In no way does it say you cannot file with the BBB or FTC. Ann154 is not providing bad advise here.

0 Likes
jkan0525

I think Ann should have elaborated a little more but not bad advice for sure.  If you check out BBB.org you'll notice that there's actually a specific agreement with Verizon Wireless for dispute resolution.  Basically, from a legal standpoint the way it seems to me, is that the preferred first step is a BBB complaint and attempt at a resolution. 

0 Likes
leejay99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I emailed LG asking if we are going to see ICS any time soon.  Here is their response:

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

The ICS update as you know at present is only available for the LG Nitro and yes soon will become available also for the LG Spectrum.

That being said, however, when ICS will be available for other LG Android Handsets like your LG Spectrum we have not been told exactly how soon to expect it by Android or Google who both decide which Handsets will get what OS updates.

Not trying to pass the buck but simply letting you know that LG - like you and so many others - is awaiting the advent of the ICS for a number of its own Handsets.

Please continue to check with us periodically toll free at 1-800-243-0000 as we cannot say with any certainty when it will be.

When it becomes available you will likely be notified by text with a corresponding link to upgrade, or it could also be pushed to your Spectrum Over The Air (OTA), as well as you maybe getting it via USB online at:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mobile-devices/phone-support

This feature only has Software Updates available if and when LG makes the newer version of the firmware available for your device.

I hope I've addressed your concerns fully, thank you again for contacting LG, it was my pleasure to serve you, many thanks for being an LG Customer, and be blessed!

e-mail Correspondence, LGEAI

I have also emailed Verizon asking if we are ever going to see ICS but have not received a response as of yet. 

0 Likes
macdofco

I think it is time that we all start asking ourselves, and Verizon, why this upgrade is being delayed.  Do they expect us to buy the new Spectrum 2?  I don't think ANY of us will be willing to do that!  Do they expect us to buy other Verizon phones, eventually?  I think this issue will cause many if not most of us to find other cell phone service once our contracts run out.  Do they think that we are going to just give up?  If so, I think they are under-estimating the resolve of truly pissed off customers who have group support! 

Verizon, WHY ARE YOU DELAYING? 

We all know that ICS was released for the Spectrum for development and testing A LONG TIME AGO!  What is taking so long?  Do you need BETA testers? (the OS HAS TO be in BETA by now, right?)  I bet you would find all the testers you can handle right here!  I would GLADLY take a BETA version of ICS.  (I don't think the current OS on my phone ever made it out of BETA, anyway!) 

I got my Spectrum the first week it was introduced, and I was promised ICS then. 

What happened?  Where is the ICS upgrade?  How about simply developing the current Gingerbread to the point that the phone's issues are resolved?  1) GPS signal resolution MUCH faster, and in a reasonable time.  2) CAR HOME random launch eliminated (just let us remove the software, please!)  3) Constant Lockups and Freeze ups eliminated. (at least 3 per day)  4) Better battery management  (eliminate some of the bloatware, and the battery would last MUCH longer). 

VERIZON, PLEASE GIVE US HOPE!!! 

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

New rumor, from an unverified trusted source, is "next week".

0 Likes
macdofco

LET's VOTE: 

Do you think Verizon will actually come through next week?

Yes = 0

No = 1

(if you reply, please update the count to include your vote!  Thanks!)

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You would think VZW would update their update page. Ha.

0 Likes