New LG G2 Battery Draining Quickly
donnaw31248

I received my new brand new LG G2 on Tuesday. I used it pretty heavily for at least 8 hours - streaming video, downloading apps, using apps, etc., and my battery only went down to about 50%. It was fine on Wednesday as well. I charged it to full charge a couple of hours before I went to bed. Then, last night when I went to bed, the battery was at 89%, and when I woke up 8 hours later, it was down to 22%. I know that isn't normal, not when I hadn't used it at all during that time. The WiFi/4G was turned off, my location was turned off, I made sure there weren't any apps running in the background, everything I could think of that would normally drain the battery was off.

Is my device/battery faulty? Should I be contacting VZW?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New LG G2 Battery Draining Quickly
clifftaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I had this exact same problem and a Verizon Tech in the store was able to fix it. Hold down the (power) + (volume down) buttons for at least 5 seconds. A screen will pop up asking you to restart, keep holding the buttons down until it restarts. This will simulate a battery pull and will reset the battery stats.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Donnaw31248

We never want our customers to have battery issues. Let's dive into this! Have you tried a different charger? Is this issue still occuring? Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://vz.to/1q2eCci

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
clifftaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I had this exact same problem and a Verizon Tech in the store was able to fix it. Hold down the (power) + (volume down) buttons for at least 5 seconds. A screen will pop up asking you to restart, keep holding the buttons down until it restarts. This will simulate a battery pull and will reset the battery stats.

0 Likes