Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you try deleting all of your stored wireless networks except for the

one or two you usually use? That's what solved my KitKat battery issue. As

soon as I deleted the 30 or so networks and jus kept the ones for home and

work I found a huge improvement.

Re: New KitKat battery issues
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Can you go to settings, battery and take a picture of the battery usage on the phone? It will show the apps using battery.  Also check your Google Play Services for the version number and see if you have the older version in a backup or something. The current version is a battery drain and something they are working to fix but the new Google Play has not been pushed to many yet

David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

StevenPortland,

Yes, thank you, I have tried that and I think I might have seen a little difference in battery drain in doing that but I would not call it huge or even significant. I can't remember how many I deleted but it was a lot.

0 Likes
David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jakeman1,

Thank you for your reply! I'm attaching a screenshot. It looks like Android System is the biggest culprit and the screen is second and followed by Android OS. I'm not sure what to do with that info though. From the looks of it, there is noting significant that I have control over in that list.

I'm not sure how to check for version of Google Play Services. The only thing I see in my apps in Google Play itself and I can't find a version in that.

Screenshot_2014-10-12-10-17-32.png

0 Likes
David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've kept a 2 Gig micro SD card in my phone from the beginning, I decided to remove that several days ago to see if that might be causing some sort of drain. Not seen any difference there either... Getting ready to reinstall it.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

So something to try here.  Google Play Services, What version are you running?  There was an issue with Google Play Services version 6.1.05 and 6.1.09 that was not published very well. One of the issues is it continued to run in the background using a lot of extra battery.

I would make a backup of your apps using Android Assistant and try to disable Google Play Services or force stop it or ultimately replace it with Google Play Services 6.1.11 (1474901-070).apk - 35.67 MB

You may also want to try to locate the new Google Play Store APK for version 5.

As with any software you may add to a computer or phone make sure you have an Anti-Virus / Anti Malware app installed such as Lookout or AVG to give peace of mind when installing something

B33
Legend

I was hoping my phones would update to the new update 5 for the Google Play Store but they have not yet I may have get the APK and do it that way hopefully this new update is issue free b

0 Likes
David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jakeman1,

Ok, I finally found Google Play services in my application manager and I am running version 6.1.11

0 Likes
David_Palmer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

And as far as I can tell my Google Play Store should be up-to-date though mine says version 4.9.13

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

can you tell if it is 6.1.11 version 35 or is it version 70? 70 is the one that works.  As far as Google Play, you can find the APK for version 5 which runs pretty good as well.  There is a post on here that has a link to version 5 as well.