Re: New KitKat battery issues
Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do appreciate this offer, but frankly if I get a new GS4 that has to be upgraded to KitKat from Verizon and it goes through the same issues described above, I am not interested.  I still haven't seen one person on this forum say their issues are gone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, Scoobyshack. With the device overheating in addition to the service and blueooth issues, I would recommend bringing your phone and any chargers you've been using into a Verizon Wireless owned store http://bit.ly/3SdsA for some hands-on evaluation. If you're needing a replacement, your one year manufacturer's warranty will replace your current phone with the same make and model device if there's been no physical/liquid damage or software alterations.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
datUyeahDatMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problems with my note 3.  Killing the battery, no reception where I did get reception before the update, 4G flips to 3G.  Wi-Fi even acts weird.  Apps runs sluggish.  Text messaging wont go through because it keeps asking for "input method" which is already chosen.  I have turned it off and removed the battery several times.  I love this handset too.  Please advise.

BobK406
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems the only solution as of this date is to give out new phones, which will then be updated with kitkat 4.4.2, unless you keep deferring the update.  I have received a new (refurbished) galaxy s4 from verizon, and I still have the exact same problems as before once the update has been installed.  I have given up on contacting Verizon since they can offer nothing more that do a factory reset, which does not help.  So 2 different phones, same result.  Sometimes I have 4g, sometimes I have 3g, other times I have nothing.  The battery issues do seem to have improved, but not because of the refurbished phone, they do not come with a battery.  You have to use your old one.  So, this is very clearly a problem with the so called upgrade.  None of these problems occurred before the phone was updated.  I can only hope for a new update that fixes the connectivity problem, or put up with it until I am eligible for a new phone.  It is a shame since I really liked phone before this update! 

chrissybee125
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree completely BobK406! I have a Galaxy 3s and not one of the ones that couldn't get the update. Sadly mine could receive it and I would say my life hasn't been the same since. It's ridiculous! I've done the full factory reset, tried it in Safe Mode and bought a new battery yet the issues persist. Huge battery drain. Shuts off on its own. Even turns itself of while in the Safe Mode. I've only got a couple months before I qualify for a  upgrade. It makes me sick to think I'll have to suffer through it with this garbage.

nena02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and my upgrade is 6 months from know. Ugh. Is the update so anything that we try to do might not work. Thanks a lot Samsung.

0 Likes
nena02
Enthusiast - Level 1

*now

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone after the update chrissybee125. Thanks for trying all those trouble-shooting steps. If you have done all you can we may have to look into a warranty replacement. Have you deleted all problematic apps on your phone?

Kinquanah_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwupport

0 Likes
chrissybee125
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have. It wouldn't make since to pay the warranty of $100 and in a month and half until it is time to pay for a new.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrissybee125,

I understand not wanting to pay twice for a device! Does your current device have any physical or water damage? If not, the device will be just covered under warranty and will be replaced with out any extra charges.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes