Re: New HTC One
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just saw this on twitter just now. it looks like we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. On twitter he said 32GB which is plenty enough for me. im pretty excited but ill be more excited once i hear more info.

0 Likes
nickdub26

Give me the HTC One or give me death! Or AT&T...

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Too many of these so called insiders that have a "high accuracy rating", have been really wrong this time around.

I've hung on for 4 months because of this BS.

All of my friends think I'm nuts waiting because of crap like this. I should have bought the DNA in November. I would have a decent phone and be half-way through my contract by the time the One comes out in Octnever.

I'm not holding my breath.

Nneptune, if you do pop in here, sorry to see you go. I'll miss your posts that made me feel like I wasn't the only one.

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

LlabTooFer has Predicted stuff about Most HTC phones within the last couple years and was right on spot so this is all about patience. Yeah, sure it's moving a little bit slower but the thing is it's going to happen in 2 - 3 months which is in the middle of the summer. I highly doubt the May 22nd Announcement is going to be about the One, it will probably be about the Lumia 928. But knowing how phones get leaked all the time as its release gets closer, im sure we will see and hear more about the One coming to verizon weeks before it happens.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

@mk7se.. Thanks.

I'm finding this whole saga interesting and will continue monitoring the posts.  I invested so much time here, I may as well!

Sense 5 and the new OS take some adjusting.  Also weird without a menu button, but I got it all figured out last night!

This is not to rub it in..but this phone is absolutely fantastic!

Yeah, I'm going to pay the price of buying out the remaining months of my contract, and AT&T doesn't have the amazing coverage, but it's still super fast with data, great quality, and well built. To me it was worth it.

I just couldn't settle for a "variant" or nothing at all.  I'm very impatient when it comes to getting new technology.

I'm always finding something new on this phone.  Today I got it to easily operate my TV, Dish Network Receiver, and home theater system with its built in remote.  Shocking how easy it is.  You guys will love it, whether its released on Verizon or you decide to jump like I did.

But, maybe the reports are right and it will be released as HTC ONE on Verizon, as it should. For the sake of everyone here, I really hope so!

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Still not buying it.

"Near future" is still no information. It's not a time frame in the least. Of course the DNA will be replaced with something new at some point in the future. Whether it's "near" or not is a subjective matter of opinion.

Nneptune, glad you like it. I did get to play with one at the ATT store last weekend. Seems pretty cool.

The one thing I wanted to confirm was if you didn't want to use blink feed as your home screen, they say you can set up another one. But will pressing the 'home key" take you to the one you set up or will it take you to the blink feed?

The sales lady said you could, and the store demo was doing so. Can you confirm this?

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of the tech websites said that the One was coming in the "Near future" but the Insider on twitter said probably in "2-3 months" which i can believe. Near future is a bit more Ambiguous than 2-3 months but we still need confirmation of the release date for sure.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I know we are all getting aggravated and I am probably naive when it comes to this phone on Verizon but this source seems to be pretty confident about his sources.. I'm getting a little excited again. (Not in that way) Believe me.. if this phone is not announced by June 1 I will be at AT&T with my money in hand. Although releasing a phone 3-4 months after launch doesnt make much sense, it will be already kinda dated to be a NEW phone for a carrier.

SOURCE.png

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah.....i'm not taking the word of a tweet from someone who can't form a sentence.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

@mk7se...I too have waited this out since my early upgrade date at the end of January. What we have to remember is that this phone has only been out on the major U.S. carriers for less than a month now. It is possible with a delayed release it likely will have JB 4.2 instead of 4.1. Early June is my cutoff... this deal at Costco will make it hard to stick with Big Red if there is no official word...http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/shop/do/phoneDetails/productid/10183/

0 Likes