Re: New HTC One
random64
Contributor - Level 2

@generaldreedle, in addition to those features cited by gman, a key difference is storage memory.  The DNA comes with only 16GB (of which only 11GB is available).  While I could get by without many of the cool new features of HTC One vs. DNA, including removable storage, I can't do without at least 32GB of some type of on-board storage.  Furthermore, I can't understand how difficult it would be for VZW to offer a 32GB version of DNA.  I just feel like they are trying to force me to use their "cloud" storage, as if I don't already use dropbox and won't mind the hassle of using theirs.  It's tiresome being used as a tool by VZW's market development team to generate more service revenue and being forced to compromise when other carriers offer convenience (which is why I have a smartphone).  The "cloud" storage may be convenient for some, but only in addition to on-board storage, not in place of it!

random64
Contributor - Level 2

Nice Review for HTC One.

HTC’s One: At long last, the best smartphone is an Android phone (review)

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/12/htcs-one-at-long-last-the-best-smartphone-is-an-android-phone-revi...

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Hey VZW,

Rregarding whether or not to offer the HTC One, you should read the latest Google Retail Advertising Blog research update about...

Reaching the mobile phone shopper

4/16/2013 10:33:00 AM

"Devices drive more purchases; less buy to upgrade

Year over year, 25% more consumers purchased a phone to get the latest and greatest device while 9% less purchased because they were eligible for an upgrade.  In fact, 1 in 3 smartphone buyers select a phone first, then a carrier."

http://googleretail.blogspot.com/2013/04/reaching-mobile-phone-shopper.html

Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

I know this may be a little off topic but the S4 got pushed up a week. What I found significant is that its 1 DAY after the announcement. This is so Verizon can say "pre-orders are up now and the S4 for will be out tomorrow"... that's how I imagine it. I just wanted to enlighten the ones that didn't know.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/13/verizons-samsung-galaxy-s4-now-launching-may-23/

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont think so. Pre-orders usually take days to process and there will for sure be a couple 1000 or more so i dont think they will be announcing anything regarding the S4. i hope it's the HTC One.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Of more interest in that linked article, is this comment.

" this is exciting news for Big Red customers who were beginning to feel  left out of the GS4 party. Samsung’s newest flagship is already  available on every other major carrier in the U.S. Verizon doesn’t  typically provide details on why their devices tend to (almost always)  launch later than similar phones from other carrier..."

scoty777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been following these feeds for some time, reading, learning, etc. I see those who agree and disagree with each other. I've seen surveys about consumer choices for and against and why we go with companies and why we don't. I've been with Verizon since before a few of you have been born, I think. My first phone was the brick, then the old style flip which I still have in the basement; that will be a museum piece some day. I really want a phone for a few reasons. I love the tech, I want outstanding reception in buildings, and I want reliability. For some reason, I tend to go through phones like crazy. They electronic devices just seem to die on me. (*My wife says its the chip the aliens placed in my head |8!) As I look at what I've had and what's coming out the S4 is not my choice due to plastic, Motorola has been good due to reliability, HTC had died on me before due to battery burn out, overheating, and screen burnouts; But...The "One" seems to be a different quality and if Verizon does NOT go ahead and get this phone, they will lose a customer who has been with them since the 1990's. I think that consumer article or grid that someone had up earlier about how people shop for cell service and devices is pretty close. Device first then carrier. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

ah, let me clarify my statement. I said this awhile back. I'm thinking they'll be announce a new HTC flagship device (hince May 21 would be 6 months since the Droid DNA was released) , the S4, and potentially a nokia, win-mo, device. What I quoted would probably be thrown somewhere in the announcement. The "pre-orders are up now" is because they've already been up for some time now.

P.S. We've all be able to pre-order the Galaxy S4 since the beginning of May http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selected...

0 Likes
dsart
Enthusiast - Level 1

yeah i have a verizon i phone 5 right now, but am probably going at 12 today to AT&T to buy the HTC ONE. im tired of verizon playing games, yeah they have good service here but i love HTC and im done waiting to hear even IF verizon will be getting the phone. AT&T service here is fine and ill pay the ETA Fee for canceling my contact through verizon to get the new phone. i like verizon but they need to stop playing guessing games and toying with their customers. i was willing to pay retail price for the HTC one but guess not

pystr7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just one week and one day (May 22).  That's all I'm   giving Verizon to let me know they will release the HTC One.  No release announcement, then no more deals with Big Red. (Been with them for several years-Way past upgrade date!)  If there is nothing, then I'm OUTTA THERE to AT&T.  I've had it!

I want what I want, and my loyalty to Verizon has gone by the wayside.  Now I'm going for the device that I really want!!