Re: New HTC One
AZSALUKI
Legend

they carried the previous nexus phone (first) and i'm pretty sure sales were lackluster and i know the reviews weren't so hot. granted, the 4 is MUCH better, but still.

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

I don't particularly think that Verizon is to blame for this. Just like said verizon did carry the galaxy nexus ( "nexus 3") but T-mobile seems to be very involved with google and android. G1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Dream was exclusively for T-mo and the same for the nexus 4. The relationship is just like Motorola mobile and Verizon wireless... hince the success of the Droid series, considering only 6 of the 19 droid phones are NOT moto. Although now that Moto mobile has been acquired by Google, I do not know where that relationship stands. There is potential for the new Moto "X" phone though.

Its also like we've all said before, Verizon wouldn't skip out on a cash cow (HTC One) if it didn't have a reason to compensate for that money... whether that's for phone sales or loss of customers. I feel like they have a big plan to entice their existing customers and new ones to stick by / join their side.

0 Likes
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually Google wouldn't allow Verizon or Sprint to have the Nexus 4 because the carriers would not allow the updates to be pushed out quickly, which is the main point of the Nexus line.  The Galaxy Nexus was a disaster becasue the Verizon version was conveniently 3 to 4 updates behind everyone else's version of the phone.

Also, Google does not allow bloatware on the Nexus line, and everyone knows how fond Verizon is of bloatware.

I really want an HTC One, and can save around $40 a month by jumping to T-Mobile, so I will probably do so.  Tired of the draconian update process, poor phone selection, and high prices of Verizon.  I can jump and get better phones, for less money overall, the service may not be as ideal, but for $40 a month off, I'll deal with it.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Conspiracy!

for some reason this site will not allow me to log on every week.  I call and put an IT ticket in and it's fixed, and then it goes out again! 

But, somehow, many of you have been getting through just fine.  It's not my ISP.  I tried from my phone via 4g, too and it wouldn't redirect the page for me to comment.

Anyway, Now we're down to the last 3 weeks before the "announcement".

I would really like the ONE the way it is..untouched.  I could deal if they added an SD slot, but didn't change the look in any way.  Please no 5 inch screen!  A tad too big, and in today's market, after seeing the ONE, I think the screen size is perfect for what it is.

I'm an HTC guy.  I had a Motorola and couldn't stand it!..but that's just me.  I'm sure others have had great experiences.  And personally, I'm not interested in Samsung.

So, I'm hoping for the best.. and really that everybody gets the phone they'd like soon!

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

PS does this site go down for anyone else all of the time???..or is it just my luck??

Best wishes to all!

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

nneptune wrote:

Conspiracy!

for some reason this site will not allow me to log on every week.  I call and put an IT ticket in and it's fixed, and then it goes out again! 

But, somehow, many of you have been getting through just fine.  It's not my ISP.  I tried from my phone via 4g, too and it wouldn't redirect the page for me to comment.

I've been experiencing the same thing. 0_o

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for letting me know..at least I know I have not been alone with having trouble..

Okay..I don't want to continue to hijack this thread!

HTC ONE all the way!  Do the right thing and carry it, Verizon!

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon must offer some 32 and 64gb models. If they don't. Then it'll be a waste. Just like it'll be a waste if no 32 and 64gb S4 are offered. imo.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I hear ya..

For me, personally, 32 would probably be just fine...but the 64 would be very very tempting, just so I know I would never have to worry about storage.  No "clouds" for me...  Hopefully, if the rumors are true, they will offer the ONE  (or Deluxe or whatever it'll be) with an SD cad slot.  We'll see what happens..

Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

@snidercrs  indeed

and

snidercrs wrote:

I really want an HTC One, and can save around $40 a month by jumping to T-Mobile, so I will probably do so.  Tired of the draconian update process, poor phone selection, and high prices of Verizon.  I can jump and get better phones, for less money overall, the service may not be as ideal, but for $40 a month off, I'll deal with it.

cool story bro, tell it again. Stop talking about it, and be about it. I've heard this from too many people on this forum. I'm pretty sure we're all aware of our options.

@nneptune Yeah, that's been happening to me for the past 2 weeks now! It came to the point that I had to reset my password just to log in. The past 2 days I haven't had much of an issue. I try to log in with my community username and it doesn't work but then I switch it to my Personal account and it allows me on.