Re: New HTC One
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

Alright, I'm going to say this... and probably get backmouthed but... This forum is for the HTC one and understanding why it has not been picked up by verizon yet and when it most likely will. This thread wasn't made to bitch about there service. I am with out a doubt with everyone saying that Verizon treats they're customers like shit and are all about the money. THEY'RE AN OLIGOPOLY, so of course they do that too us. My point being that several people on here are just BEATING A DEAD HORSE. Let's get back to why this forum is made and look for evidence as to when the new devices are coming out OR JUST LEAVE VERIZON ALREADY.

@Soupy127 1) its codename is DLXPLUS not DNA plus. 2) As you saw on the twitter post by Llabtoofer, he said that the DLXPLUS is the verizon variant of the HTC ONE (March 15) 3) VERY GOOD EYE, indeed the specs on his webpage were upload on April Fools day but if you research a little further, onto his twitter account, you will have noticed this https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/298432587603517440/photo/1 which was posted on FEB, 4!

I hope when all of you click this link you'll realize ALL OF THESE SPECS MATCH THE HTC ONE except for the one AMAZING FEATURE LISTED. AN SD CARD SLOT?! 

This is why I have been patiently waiting for the dlxplus. I've been able to upgrade for awhile and been using the nightmare known as the Thunderbolt since March 17, 2011. I haven't complained once about my decision ....yet most of you are still complaining -__-

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

DLXPLUS? Similar to HTC One? It comes with an SD slot? That's what i'm talking about. I'm not a "cloud" person, so a slot is important to me. I didn't notice, but if the slot supports 64gb, i'll think about it come 12/14.

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

im one of the only people who actually knows that Verizon is for sure getting an HTC One or a variant of it (DLXPLUS) in the summer. that is why im waiting and definitely not getting the GS4.

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

HTC 1 to vzw? HTC says no. Smiley Sad

But it seems all is not lost. Smiley Happy

http://www.droid-life.com/tag/dlxplus/

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

that sounds great and all...but do you mean only one of this community or because you work for verizon? where is your proof that this is definitely coming out after June 21, aka when summer starts? I don't mean to discredit you but everything I've told this community I provided a source so they know I wasn't lying or "trolling"

I'm completely with you on the cloud stuff, the main reason I didn't pick up the DNA. haha yeah I posted about that on page 32... https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/794232?start=310&tstart=0

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

i don't work for Verizon but, the biggest tech sites have all said so far that Verizon will have the HTC One or some variant of their own (possibly a Droid DNA 2) in the summer since the tech sites also said that Verizon would launch the device 1 to 2 months after all the other carriers. All the sites were saying this way before the One even got released in the USA and two months would be June.

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

indeed. I guess I'm just really hoping for the whole "after 6 months of the DNA", May 21, that during the announcement they say we've got something new, htc-wise, available right now or a week from now.

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

yea i am hoping too. i have tested out the GS4 and HTC One, and by far the HTC One really impressed me more. i Have a GS3 right now so im passing on the GS4 and going for the next HTC phone in verizon's line-up. As for the announcement on May 22nd, i hope it is not the GS4 because we know it is coming out on the 30th, and i am just not a Windows Phone person either.

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

i was at an AT&T store testing out those two phones because they were out on display

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Again,

Why would they have a special announcement for the One or DLX Plus, when they have not done so for any other phone?

I have a feeling their special announcement will be their acquisition of Vodafone.

0 Likes