Re: New HTC One
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

yeah.  I read that yesterday.  no way I would go for a 5 inch screen or different body.  It's a great phone the way it is.I've  pretty much resigned myself to moving, unless It's the exact same phone.

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Why would Verizon have a special announcement for the HTC One.

They didn't for the S4 which will arguably be a bigger seller.

Plus all rumors point to Verizon's version being called a DNA Plus, so how would that warrant a big, special announcement?

No, I think the announcement has to do with rate changes or contract changes. You know, the typical "we're screwing you again because we have the best coverage and we can".

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I am 7 months past my upgrade date. I should have just gotten the DNA and I would be using a great phone while this whole mess gets sorted out...and I would only have a year left before I could upgrade again. Which will be right about the time they finally release the One, or DNA Plus, Or Incredible X, or...

My amazing original Incredible is getting very long in the tooth.

0 Likes
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, like the post above me, have the OG Dinc, and man do I feel I'm running on borrowed time. I've managed to keep my sanity with JB 4.2 and having it rooted but the fact is it's 3 years old and does have some struggles here and there, with an occasional reboot.

I don't care what they call it, dnaplus, dlxplus, theone, m7, Inc5, whatever, but if this announcement says anything to do with a 5 inch phablet, I'm done. I feel like I have been paying more for some light at the end of the tunnel that may not even exist. I have an unlimited plan that I have not wanted to mess with for fear of getting locked into some new 2 year arrangement. I have 700 minutes, which on some months, I really have to budget that I don't go over. I orignally got the phone and plans when my life circumstances were different, including quite a few of my most called numbers being on verizon, but about half those people are on other carriers.

So the bottom line is, I really need an update to my phone plan, and and upgrade to my phone. I really hope theone is coming to verizon real soon, because I can't continue to just wait for phablets and phones I don't want. I would really be in a pickle if my DINC decided to konk out before VZ makes up their mind.........

0 Likes
markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys just don't understand; gotta be patient.  In a matter of weeks or maybe months, verizon will make a big announcement that they're getting ready for a big announcement that nobody knows anything about!  Will it be why they're the only carrier without the hottest new phone in the HTC1?  Or why they're getting the GS4 after everyone else?  Or how the high-end 6month old Nokia is getting pushed back some more?  Or why their plans are grossly overpriced?  And which of these phones will come with the most bloatware?  Oh the suspense is killing me!  Hey this could be a gameshow.

Seriously I am done with this company.  Just ordered my Nexus4 from google.  I've done the math.  With how much less I'll be paying per month, I'll more than make up for the contract termination fee within a year & won't be tied into a ridiculous 24month contract w/ more data/texting to boot.  As long as T-Mobile's coverage is half as good as the maps say (which it should be in a major metro area), I won't be looking back. 

feistc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started another thread since I didn't see this one, and the "search" didn't pull it up.  I'm due for an upgrade but have been waiting for a new groundbreaking phone.  The HTC One is that phone.  The new GS4 is just a glorified GS3.  Who needs more megapixels in their camera?  I'm not printing posters.  Seriously Verizon, how could you leave us loyal customers hanging?

0 Likes
generaldreedle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Markv11--- I would just say make sure about Tmobile's coverage.  I got out of my tmobile contract last year because I live in Seattle in the city and did not get phone service at my house because their coverage had deteriorated.  I don't have that problem at all now with Verizon.  I also talked to a person who works for TMobile here and he said even in a city close by (Bellevue), the engineering techs at Tmobile had to have boosters in their homes to get adequate service.  Now, despite all that, I will be watching Tmobile's coverage and if it improves will go back because of two things; 1) Tmobile is a lot cheaper, I have three phones on Verizon and they charge for a couple of things Tmobile doesn't (like Good Messaging), their plans are cheaper, and Tmobile offers wi fi calling for free, which is a huge boost when you're travelling and allows you to make phone calls on a wi fi network when you're overseas; 2) TMobile's customer service to longstanding customers was outstanding.  I always got breaks in getting phones early etc.

0 Likes
markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the heads up.  Ya admittedly it is a bit of a gamble as I don't really know anyone with Tmo.  However according to independent research I've read they do have the 2nd best service here in Philly; ahead of AT&T who I know people are happy with.  Worst comes to worst I'm out a couple hundred bucks but then the upside is thousands in savings in the years ahead plus free of contracts, unlimited, etc.  Seems like a risk worth taking.

pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

@random64. I checked out the htc 1 at an at&t corp store today. That thing looks cool. Plus it has the 32gb you want.

random64
Contributor - Level 2

@fortheloveoftech, thanks for digging up that dna fcc release.  So, it would seem that it's not too late for a new HTC device to be included in the May VZW announcement.  Also, I had been thinking that if the announcement was about a new flagship device e.g. the SG4 then they wouldn't want to also be releasing the new HTC device as to diminish the impact of the SS release.  However, now that you mention the announcement could include both Nok and SS then I suppose it might as well also include a 3rd (or more) phone, such as a new HTC device.  In this way, perhaps the May announcement is actually the announcement of a whole "New Summer Lineup of Phones".

0 Likes