Re: New HTC One
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Then off to another carrier I'll go.  They've turned into such a poor company.  It's just a shame their coverage is so good.  Oh well, I'm not buying what THEY want me to buy, so I'll be in the lines at the other place..where I can actually choose a phone I want!

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

Good luck with your future endeavors. Hope to see you back soon! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

But before you go, read this.. This was in response to HTCs question on Facebook stating:

"The HTC One has officially landed on store shelves near you: http://bit.ly/10j1h8T Have you gotten your hands on a One yet?"

These are a few of the responses.. BTW I'm Bob.

So we are not the only ones wanting this phone from Verizon.

P.S. Hope I didn't violate the terms by posting this.. it's an important 1st Amendment right. lol

>Image deleted. Posters on FB have not allowed their posts or names to be shown here<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

UgXvibe wrote:

P.S. Hope I didn't violate the terms by posting this.. it's an important 1st Amendment right. lol

While it may be allowed on other sites, posting private info. such as full names is against the ToS for this forum.

0 Likes
wademsw

Hi guys! I just canceled Verizon and ported to T-Mobile from Verizon after being with Verizon for 1 year and I feel great about it!

I Just "pre" ordered the  HTC one (99 bucks)  its expected UPS delivery is on Monday the 22nd (Yes! before the actual release date and I am totally happy!)

Yes, I will be paying 300 to Verizon in ETF fees but I just sold my Verizon GS3 for $275 on craigslist so I am only taking 25 dollar hit plus the 99 for the phone.

I will be saving 40+ per month on T-mobile (paying 80 plus tax on Tmob including the HTC one and no contract vs and paying 125+tax to verizon) I just calculated it and In one year on T-mobile I am saving $540.00 in one year, (45ish X 12) On sprint and ATT you would also save just not as much. I love the Idea of no contracts and thats what made me go back to T-Mobile. (I switched last year to Verizon  to get the Galaxy Nexus which I ended up hating and switching for and S3 which was ok)

A note on service (I worked for T-Mobile tech support years ago and I have been new Verizon user for the last year and a half) Verizon's service (at least in albuquerque) Is not,(I repeat not) that much better to justify the extra cost and headaches of having to wait forever for new devices and also waiting forever for android updates. 

T-mobile's service is only a bit slower in some areas here in Albuquerque but we are just getting the LTE going here now and once it is up and running the speed difference will be negligible. In fact when the LTE is up and running some are getting higher speeds on T-Mobile (because of less 4GLTE traffic)

Verizon is definitely better for travelers who like to travel by car and have coverage everywhere. T-Mobile does a good job with roaming agreements but the 3G in rural areas is pretty weak compared to verizon.

Since I personally only travel by car every once and awhile. I found after using verizon for a year that it was not worth the 45 extra dollars per month

I will be saving 40+ dollars a month and after selling my Galaxy S3

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, I thought I didn't violate TOS but apparently I did.. Here is my revised copy of fellow Verizon customers rightly aggravated by the lack of HTC One announcement. HTC asked: "Have you gotten your hands on a One yet?"

Here are the responses:

FBOne.png

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I just got back from AT&T where I got my hands on a ONE and messed with it for a bit... what an amazing phone!!

There's no way I'm backing away from this..  In fact, I may not even wait until June.  I may cancel my contract early and just go with it. No more Verizon games!  The phone is pretty much everything we've hoped for! 

UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Funny, I called the AT&T store here too and they said they have a bunch of 32Gb in stock and a demo unit.. I may go over there tomorrow and play around with it. Debating if I should wait for the 64Gb. Like I said before, my contract is up in July.. which means I would pay $140.00 early termination. This is why I'm waiting for the May 22 Announcement. If nothing important is said there then I only have to pay $120.00 ETF..

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah..  It's a stunning phone and is smooth, quick, incredible picture and sound..

I'll wait for the May 22nd announcement, as well. If nothing is mentioned, it'll cost me to get out of my contract, as well..but I will.  It was weird to turn it on and have the AT&T logo come up on the screen instead of the familiar Verizon one, but who cares? This phone will be mine!!!!!  I'm obsessed with it!

pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed that too. 16gb? No 32gb or 64gb? Only 11gb actually usable? For a supposedly high end phone that's unacceptable. I have the htc droid inc 4g and it has 8gb and i'm ok with that. It's not a high end phone. And since i'm not a "cloud" person, my phone has to have an expansion slot.

Here's something i thought was funny. I saw a best buy ad that insinuated vzw does have the htc one.