Re: New HTC One
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah.  You know what? 

I'm fed up.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm jumping ship over to AT&T.

I can't deal with this ridiculousness and bad business model.

They offer superior coverage, but that's all.

I don't want a variant of the phone or any garbage like that.

So, seriously..unless something happens where they get the phone as it's intended (or adding an SD slot) in the next 2 months),

I'm gone...  good riddance.

icejack
Enthusiast - Level 1

HTC didnt design the HTC ONE to have a sd expansion slot. That is not verizons fault. what is Verizons fault is that they will not be getting the phone and the AT&T will be the only carrier as of right now that is getting the 64 gig model.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I KNOW it wasn't designed with an SD slot!!!!!   I wrote that unless they release the phone *as is* or add an SD slot, then I'm gone. 

And everything in this case is Verizon's fault!

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel ya man, hopefully it will happen and happen soon! Otherwise I think

a lot of people will be joining you over on AT&T. If they keep making these

huge errors in judgement they will soon find themselves #2 and AT&T will

have 110 million subs and Verizon will have less than 100. I am giving them

til no later than June 15 th to take care of business which is way longer

than it should take to get this phone on their shelves!

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Yup.. my contract is just about over and I'm heading over to AT&T come June if this ridiculous run-around is not resolved. I am in my upgrade period as of March 25th and I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for this phone.. I'd rather give it to Verizon than AT&T but we'll see....

... to be continued.

0 Likes
Asch74

This is just rumor but looks like I will be leaving Verizon as well. NOT waiting this long for the HTC one. thats the link.

http://htcpedia.com/news/Verizon-HTC-One-Incoming.html?l_page=1&p_page=1

This is what it says...

Focus Taiwan is reporting that HTC will actually be releasing a customized version of the HTC One on Verizon. This customized 5-inch version will supposedly be on sale in the third quarter of this year, which still gives the other providers a nice little head start.

Okay, so, let's take a breath

Technically this is still a rumor, but it's a strong one. At this point it's safe to say that Verizon will have the HTC One. More likely than not there will soon be an official announcement.

Hopefully we'll be able to close the book on this long and sordid tale.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i wouldn't look for any official announcement. verizon typically announces devices JUST before they launch them.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

i wouldn't look for any official announcement. verizon typically announces devices JUST before they launch them.

And usually it is only a few days prior to the devices go on sale. If we are lucky, maybe a week before the official available date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't been able to log on to this site for days.. Enough calls to the IT dept. of Verizon might have helped!

I spoke with someone in the know at Verizon.  However, in order to keep his job, he wouldn't tell me what he knows..

But, he said that a lot of the things he reads on here are very true, but many falsehoods are printed, as well.

I tried to drag any info out of the guy, and it was hard to get him to budge.  He doesn't want to start any trouble.

So, I brought up a scenerio that's been discussed here... where they would keep the DNA as the flagship until June and then replace it with the ONE.  There was a long pause.. and all he said was, "Umm..well, that certainly does sound like a sound and fair assessment of what's going to happen."  So, I asked, does that mean that you will launch it in June?

He said, "Let's just put it this way.. after the 6 months of the DNA marketing is done, we will be replacing it with another HTC flagship device.."

So, what does that mean?  Nothing, really.  But those initial reports about them putting the phone out a couple of months after AT&T (perhaps my new home..we'll see in June) may be true.

I tried to drag it out of him!  That's all I could get. 

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm able to get on the site again!!

Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

All I have to say is I'm glad 3 of my lines are off contract and I also registered on HTC's site for AT&T, so I can possibly get the extra rebate.  AT&T has the wireless tv interface included for free.  Verizon is too big for their own good.

Thanks folks for trying to get any credible info.

P.S.  I also couldn't log in.  At least they are consistent across the board Smiley Sad.

0 Likes