Re: New HTC One
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

When that Droid DNA came out, I was so disappointed in the near lack of internal without even an external micro SD slot (not worth paying full value or wasting 2 years on either). Then I heard that the M7 was coming out and I got excited again then comes the news that slick!@#$% Big Red is not carrying it. I will almost certainly be early terminating and jumping to the dreaded ATT. The only thing that will keep me with Verizon is that they get a variant of the New HTC one with more than paltry storage (unlike the DNA). I would be willing to pay full price for it (since I have only had the Rezound for 14 months).

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

DNA was a dud! I'm sorry, but storage, battery life, sense 4+, button

placement, and no flash player made that phone pretty weak...just a

beautiful screen, quad-core chip, and nice build quality/design isn't

enough to make it last longer than 5-6mo to specially with the 10 gigs of

storage!

The One is the only hope to get an HTC flagship until at least Jan/feb 2014

at earliest. In HTC's own words they are only producing 1 flagship phone

per year from now on. Which is actually very smart on their part as long as

they back it up with a massive marketing campaign

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "HTC One" isn't going have flash player either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sucks but not a deal breaker. Same as battery life, in won't get a heavy

user through 10-12hr day but I cam live with its slight outbests by the

sGS4 just with its quality and originality in build and design. And its

specs are damn close in just about every dept. And sound, camera, and sense

5 look to be a bit better than competitors so far

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Just to add further fuel to this rollercoaster ride.. what in the world???  From Slasgear.com

Microsoft         

HTC One Verizon release in question as Tweets disappear

Chris Burns, Mar 18th 2013

This week the HTC One has been once again teased for release on the 4G LTE-toting Verizon network here in the United States. Whoever is behind the wheel on the HTC Twitter account has more than once replied to users across the USA saying that they have no plans to release the HTC One on Verizon Wireless – though quickly after replying in more than one case, these tweets have disappeared entirely.

weletyouknowok

According to the LA Times there was a tweet (one you can see below) directing users to a page about the DROID DNA in stead of an HTC One showing on the big red network. Another tweet made just a few minutes ago includes talk of no Verizon release for the HTC One with a bit of a disclaimer – “we’ll let you know” if there’s going to be a release in the future.

htcs-tweet

We’ve heard ourselves that the Verizon HTC One would be a reality in coming months – our source is one we trust, and we’ve seen another trusted source speaking on the matter as well, saying also that Verizon would carry the device. This release is also being tipped to be odd for Verizon in the way it’ll be conducted: without Verizon changes to the name or the hardware.

htc_one_verizon

Normally when a device such as the HTC J Butterfly heads to Verizon, it’s re-named and re-branded. The Butterfly became the DROID DNA (see our full review). With the HTC One series, Verizon brought fourth the DROID Incredible 4G LTE (see our full review). Here with the HTC One, we’re still confident in our source saying the HTC One will be revealed as the HTC One a short period after the rest of the top four networks in the USA have their releases individually.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I was just about to post this same article.. you and I are on the never-ending roller coaster of emotions regarding this phone.. lol

This is what gets me somewhat excited again..

"Here with the HTC One, we’re still confident in our source saying the HTC One will be revealed as the HTC One a short period after the rest of the top four networks in the USA have their releases individually."

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah..I can't enough of it now!

Either way..if Verizon comes out with it, my contract is up in June and I'll take it.

Otherwise, I've already got everything pre-set at AT&T..they're just waiting for me!

Either way, I'll get this phone!

Verizon=Fools at the helm!

0 Likes
gman2293
Enthusiast - Level 3

im keeping my fingers crossed that we get the One on Verizon. Even though my contract is not up, i would still rather replace my GS3 with the One.

0 Likes
rbw62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sprint

On Mar 18, 2013 2:13 PM,

Sprint has upped their coverage a great deal, and have more than 40 more

cities to get 4 any day.

I was a Sprint customer back when cell phones weighed 5 lbs, and stayed

with them for about 10 years. Sorry I left for VZW. I was talked into it by

family.

What goes around comes back!

0 Likes
landof420

I've been with Verizon for 12 years and this was the last line for me. Every time a great phone comes out, who isn't getting it?? VERIZON WIRELESS. Every thing is Droid or nothing, but I hate to tell you Verizon, your Droid line is getting very very old. I pay $260 a month for five devices on your network and you only care for yourself. Your customers are getting upset and you are losing us one by one. July is looking better every day for me and my family. To Sprint I go, because Sprint knows that the HTC Evo is getting old and they wanted the new. Maybe it's time for a change Verizon and some times a change is good. After 12 years with you it's time to move on..... Good Luck Verizon one less customers using your network.....

0 Likes