Re: New HTC One
Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, definitely time to review options and most likely move at the end of April.  I moved to Verizon due to coverage 10 years ago.  I've been unhappy overall with phone selection and policies to existing customers.  I have held onto my 3G Incredible, but now I see the HTC One and it surely would be a worthy replacement.  I also prefer quality over gimmicks.  I know Sprint 4G has similar coverage in my area so 4 of my 5 lines will find a new home (all out of contract for same reason).

rbw62
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 4 yrs with VZW, I'm done paying out the nose. I'm done with crappy phones, Thunderbolt, & choices of old phones. Sprint has a better plan, & they r featuring the HTC One. So after a 4 yr absence, I'm going back to Sprint.

0 Likes
Bubblehead71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree with just about everyone here, I am very disappointed that the HTC One is not going to be available.  There are rumors out there that HTC and Big Red are working on the DLXPLUS, but that was the code name of the DNA when it first came out.  The specs that are out are the same as the HTC One, but give me a break.  Just get another QuadCore phone out there that has more memory than 16G.  I will not get the DNA due to the storage capacity and was looking forward to the HTC One, especially since it would be available in the 64GB model.  Just wish there was someway of getting more news on the phone that is suppose to make us wanna stay with Big Red.  Looks like I will be shifting to Samsung Gaxaly S4 if they do not come out with a new HTC phone soon.  I am eligable for an upgrade now and ready to replace my Thunderbolt, but not wanting to give up on HTC.  Looks like that time is growing short or I will just have to switch carriers and go where the HTC One is available.  Not sure yet, but something needs to happen soon.....

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, the more I think of it, this is the best way for us customers to do anything about getting the HTC One (or VZW equivalent):  Rather than spouting off on (this) website that no VZW terminal equipment execs ever pay any attention (the comm forums are here as a part of customer support), we could be more effective by registering for the rebate at HTC.  Think about it: if every subscriber interested in getting the HTC One at VZW goes and registers for the rebate at HTC then HTC execs can take this to the decision makers at VZW.  Can anyone think of a better channel?

summit21 wrote:

Rebate link for HTC One has Verizon listed as a carrier...

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/signup

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just be careful with Sprint, eventhough they sell LTE devices they don't

have the broad spread map that Verizon or AT&T do. They are years behind

both the big carriers but at least you can save $10-20/mo!

Everytime I look at the difference between going with sprint or T-Mobile or

some pre-paid carrier that uses sprint towers it looks intriguing, but

honestly once you switch you realize saving 10-20% a month really isn't

worth having exceptional calling coverage and the absolute best data speeds

possible! In most areas AT&T can get just about as good of coverage and

data speed as Verizon, but you won't save any money....

But being able to get the device you want is always a factor too, and

Verizon has got pretty rough this past year and a half.

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you really think they won't launch the One in the next 1-2 months? Or do

you think they are really sticking it out with the DNA for 6+ months with

no other same brand competitor? Or will they make some retarded deal with

HTC to get the One and slap the droid name on it somehow to keep with their

own branding? I sure hope they just give in and release it on time with the

other carriers and support HTC in building its brand rather than its own

crap! Come on are you a service provider and phone supplier or do you wanna

make it seem like you create the devices too? Do they really think people

are dumb enough to believe that?

0 Likes
Marinkidink
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now, All Things Digital is saying that the HTC One IS coming to Verizon:

http://allthingsd.com/20130318/dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-twitter-verizon-is-so-getting-htc...

This is getting very frustrating. Verizon needs to make an official announcement either way so their customers can make decisions. This is not rocket science. There is no advantage for them to keep us guessing.

AZSALUKI
Legend

they will have "something." they typically launch 2-3 htc's every year. getting the One would be nice, but if they aren't, I wouldn't be surprised to see essentially the same device, with a different name. aside from the lack of storage, the DNA was hands down the nicest device on the market when it launched, so it's not like they just don't get good stuff.

dno1176
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I was very interested in the DNA until the rumors started popping up about the M7(now called the One). The DNA is not a bad device at all. The One just really is the HTC device that is a must have. Front facing speakers, 32 to 64 GB of storage Sense 5... yeah, I am hoping they get this device or at least a device that is pretty much just like it. I have been a huge HTC fan, but now there are rumors of this Nexus 5 phone with some specs that are pretty mind blowing. I will just wait till around October then see what is actually out and on the horizon for later in the year.

0 Likes
Bubblehead71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info.  It is nice to see that others on here actually do a little digging to find out what is really going on.

0 Likes