Re: New HTC One
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah.  I saw that.

Contract up in June and I'm off to At&T.  I'm getting The One! Too much game playing.  Forget Verizon and the way they handle things...which is obviously VERY poorly.

summit21
Contributor - Level 1

The same article also suggests a successor to the DNA with specs similar to the One, at some point this year. I agree off to ATT when my contract is up at the end of May.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Exactly.  No more phones that Verizon water down to their own liking.  No more! They've lost it...and me as a customer.

Countdown To AT&T is beginning...

UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I wonder if its even worth sticking around to see if the DLX+ thing comes to fruition. They better announce it in the next few months though.. and it better STOMP the One. Otherwise.. sayonara VZW.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder about that phone too, but I KNOW I want the ONE.  I've really had it with VZW, since the ending of Unlimited Data, I've seen a sharp decline in how everything is handled.  I don't want any part of them anymore.  Verizon now sickens me, which is a shame.

UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I feel the same.. the nail in the coffin for me would be an announcement of 2 things..

1) Verizon will not carry the One. (We know that now)

2) No more unlimited data plans even if renewing contract. (Still waiting, but counting on this announcement someday)

I still have unlimited data from the old days because I keep upgrading every year with a new HTC device.. I have the Rezound now which I will keep over the DNA.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

UgXvibe wrote:

2) No more unlimited data plans even if renewing contract. (Still waiting, but counting on this announcement someday)

Hate to tell ya, but this was announced June 2012.  If you sign a new two-year contract for a subsidized phone, you'll lose your unlimited data and have to choose a tiered data plan (i.e., 2 GB for $30).  To keep your unlimited data (at least for now), you'll have to pay full retail price, buy it from somewhere like ebay, add another line to your account for the subsidized phone, or use another available upgrade on your account.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Welp.. there's the nail.. where's my hammer. How did I not know that? Where can I find this info?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

UgXvibe wrote:

Welp.. there's the nail.. where's my hammer. How did I not know that? Where can I find this info?

You can do a search on this forum; there were TONS of threads that appeared (as you'd imagine) when it was announced.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I knew about the ending of Unlimited data and what we had to do to keep it before Verizon reps did. When I called to complain back then, they had no idea what i was talking about (surprise).  I do have an extra phone which I was planning on using for my upgrade in order to keep my unlimited data.

I'll let that phone lapse, I guess, and in June, move on to another carrier.

I had great service with Sprint, but that was in the "flip phone days".  And though they do offer Unlimited data, there's no way I can go back to 3g only service (no 4g from them near here at all).

I know AT&T always gets a bad rap, but that's where I'll have to be heading. What a shame.  Verizon did all of this to themselves.  Great network, but everything else has become very poor.  Why in the world would they pass on this phone?  Because of the stupid DNA?  Terrible strategic business planning.  I've written emails to all of the leadership of Verizon, and professionally voiced my dissatisfaction.  Not ONE of them (and I emailed at least 10 of them) even bothered to contact me.  Not even a form letter.  I'm done, and it really does sadden me.  They had a great thing going, and they keep blowing it over and over again. 

0 Likes