Re: New HTC One
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would say that this phone is definitely not for you then. Which is too

bad because it's an awesome device with the fastest most advanced processor

to date in it. As well as the best sound they've put on a smartphone yet.

It has a screen size at 4.7" that is right in that sweet spot, you will

notice its overall build is smaller or about same size as other 4.5" screen

sized phones. They are getting better at making screens larger without

making overall case much bigger than old 4.3" devices.

On Feb 24, 2013 10:32 AM, "Heretic1989" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

By June or a month sooner Verizon won't be able to ignore us or the One sales anymore, I think they see the positive in this device but they know that it takes a couple months for it to start selling and word of mouth to really start going. So they must have HTC working on an exclusive One for them with probably a couple extra specs and possibly addition of sd card slot, exclusive colorway, wireless charging, and water resistant case... They took a lot of feedback when theDNA launched, I know I wasn't the only one complaining about the lack of storage, battery, etc... There's no way they can miss this One! Of course there's will be the "HTC Droid DNA Plus" or something different than everyone else....

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I know you're probably guessing, like the rest of us, about One being released under Verizon in April or May, though your reasoning is sound. (They still shouldn't have passed on the initial release, though)..

But, how confident are you in your statement?? I don't approve of the way Verizon has been doing business lately, but they do have the best and most clear network going for them.

I want this phone.  Period.  And I will move to another carrier to get it, but I will wait it out if they're going to release their own version..bloatware and all.

I'm just not sure how confident I am in them releasing it.

I shake my fist at you, Verizon!!!

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will do my best over next 2-3 weeks to find out. I have a good friend who

knows a Verizon exec and I have a contact in executive account resolution

that I'm going to start the process of lodging complaints and trying to

find out any hint of if they are working on a special release of this or a

variant of it.... I will keep you posted, because I feel the exact same way

you do and I would also move one of my lines if they don't have this or

very similar device by June at latest! Keep your head up, good things will

come I'm sure...

jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

What sucks is the only real info we have to go on is past releases and only

thing big from HTC came in March & November last couple years! Which is

scary, but I truely think that they won't completely muck this "One" up

entirely! They can't afford to, it's too relevant of a device. But in a few

months the Snapdragon 800 is going to be ready too, so who knows what they

have planned... If they could have a better version with the 800 and bigger

and better specs plus 2500-3000mah batter and sd slot I could wait til mid

summer no problem! But no longer than July/August

0 Likes
Marinkidink
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I am eligible to upgrade now with a discount, my contract doesn't end until May. If Verizon doesn't come out with a good version of this phone or with something better by then, I have plans to try the AT&amp;T service in my area.

summit21
Contributor - Level 1

I am in the same boat as a lot of you. Really hoping that Big Red would be in on the One. To me there is no other smartphone with the build quality and style of the One. It is hands down the device of the year, IMO. I don't think Sammy or Apple will be able to top the all around features of the One. There was a rumor the S4 was going to cost $400 on contract, no thanks! I am eligible for early upgrade now, was leaning to the DNA, just think anything above 4.7-4.8 is too big for a smartphone. I will hold out as long as my Inc2 will let me, probably around early June, and jump ship to ATT if Verizon does not have a ONE variant in the pipeline. I really don't see an SD card in the Verizon variation, they are really pushing cloud services now. Maybe a bigger battery, 2500maH possibly. If Verizon does not get a One variation by mid year it will be an epic fail on their part. Hard to believe that a flagship phone will not be available on Verizon????

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

You couldn't have said any better as well as read my mind to exact specs!

They are fools if they don't take it and twist it with a little more juice,

even 2500 would be fine without affecting the build quality and design.

Then throw water resistant casing, wireless charging, heck if they hold off

any longer than May, they better have the sd800 chip in it too, otherwise

they'll be behind the rest of the field in processor speeds.... I'm with

ya, I'm sure at&t will do fine but man I'd sure rather stay with big

red!!!!!!

I've heard not only call quality, but customer service and everything as a

whole at&t ranked 4th behind T-Mobile in a national survey that compared

service, coverage, talk quality, data speeds, etc.... Kinda scary huh... I

definitely wouldn't go sprint or tmobile though even if it were free

service!

summit21
Contributor - Level 1

I have read multiple people/sites speculate the DNA is why Verizon is skipping the launch of the HTC One...I don't buy it! HTC One X+ was released on Nov. 16, 2012 on ATT, and the DNA on Nov.21, 2012 on Verizon. So ATT has no problem adding the HTC One right after the very good One X+ (arguably the best android phone around and better than DNA). Not to mention the whole issue of selling so many ONE branded phones (adding to confusion for ATT customers) on one carrier, ATT. The HTC ONE X+> DNA, IMO. I still think Verizon will wind up with an HTC One variant of some sort (DNAPLUS?). The reason being the DNA is currently on sale on Amazon and Wirefly for $49 for new customers and $100 for upgrades, so it appears that they are trying to purge themselves of it possibly???

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I hope you're right.. and I think you probably are... but they really should let us in on this stuff if it's happening.

I checked out Sprint because I did have good service with them before the whole smartphone thing hit.

But, I had no idea until today that they have NO 4g anywhere!  3g all over.  No wonder the stores around here are empty, where as when we were using flip phones, there was always a line.  So, forget them, even though they have unlimited data.

At&T would be my only other option, and I know their reputation as a wireless carrier always places them last.  But, I will go there if this phone isn't put out in some way by Verizon.  God, I've really started to HATE them as a company, but the service is excellent.

I passed on the DNA because, even though it seems to be an excellent phone, it lacked the space I need on a device and was a tad too big for my taste (to me, the Rezound is a perfect size..but that's me)..

So, they've got until April to make some sort of announcement or I'll make the jump to AT&T and give up my unlmited data and excellent sound quality.  It might not be so bad.  But, Verizon totally passing on this does make NO sense (no pun intended) at all, so I'll keep scouring the net daily for any kind of leak on a Verizon M7 device..

0 Likes