Re: New HTC One
rcschnoor
Legend

As long as the majority of carriers are charging per MB(or GB) for data use on a phone, cloud storage will not become a huge success on these devices. Unless, of course, the charge/MB(or GB) drops DRAMATICALLY.

No one is going to store (large amounts of)data in the cloud when it cost $200/month just to access something you already own when you can store it on the device at a fraction of the cost.

Cost of a 32 GB SD card is currently less than $100(one time fee) and dropping.

Cost to send that much data to the cloud/month on a Verizon Share Everything plan = $255 PER MONTH!!!!!!!! This is NOT a one time fee.

Which is more cost effective?

dno1176
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same exact boat as you. I have had the Rezound and have always done the HTC thing. I was interested in the DNA until I heard rumors of the M7(nka The One). I was tuning in on the 19th and preparing my wallet only to be disappointed when I saw the carriers. I am HOPING that VZW is just going to their own branded version of The One. If they don't... I am not sure what I will do. Maybe wait another year and see what comes.

HIsunset
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check out each carriers website and check the type of coverage in your area. That would be my first place to look. Second is the plan offering. I think T-mobile and Sprint have unlimited plans and Sprint claims it doesn’t throttle your speed after hitting a certain amount of download. All the complaints about carrier customer service to me doesn’t really matter. I haven’t had a real need to interact with the company. Call quality would be the last consideration and I think Verizon is superior but then again it depends on other factors too such as type of phone, coverage area, etc.

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone's gotta be able to get through to one of the exec corporate shot callers at Verizon and let them know that all they have to do is announce something positive in regards to them getting a version of the HTC one sometime in the next few months and they could save hundreds possibly thousands of accounts from loyal customers. I can't see them being this ignorant to blow it on the DNA 3 months ago and then miss such a great opportunity to make up for their mistake!

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

HAHA some ppl will leave just for a phone and not think of coverage, Then go oh <Deleted> gotta call and huff and puff to other carrier.

P.S. just remember a phone is nothing without service lol.

<Post edited for language per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's in this order in the major metropolitan areas in the u.s.

1- Verizon

2- At&t

3- Sprint

4- T-Mobile

And sprint is getting closer to at&t's heels now with their lte build

growing.

Some areas Verizon and at&t will get one better signal than the other and

typically the other 2 won't work at all.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jeffallyson23 wrote:

Someone's gotta be able to get through to one of the exec corporate shot callers at Verizon and let them know that all they have to do is announce something positive in regards to them getting a version of the HTC one sometime in the next few months and they could save hundreds possibly thousands of accounts from loyal customers. I can't see them being this ignorant to blow it on the DNA 3 months ago and then miss such a great opportunity to make up for their mistake!

i actually believe that they already know, and simply don't care. the realistic story here is that verizon knows they have the best overall coverage and service. they also know that "most" (i know not all) customers are content to jst go to the store and choose from what is available. you have to keep in mind that those of us who are members of various forums, follow android launches, keep up to date with what the current version of android is, etc, etc are a small minority of users. add to that fact that htc has nowhere near the demand of iphone or samsung devices, and you're dealing with an even smaller group of folks. this is the same company that passed on the initial offering of the iphone because they knew in reality they were still going to gain more customers overall, than the ones they would lose to at&t. there's just really not that many people who leave a carrier for a phone, and those that do will typically hop from carrier to carrier so there is really no incentive to try to retain them. what if they got this, but then didn't get the next great LG or whatever. until all models go to every carrier, someone out their will have the next best thing. verizon also passed on the galaxy sii. i wish they were getting the One line, but i'm just being realistic here. As long as the have the galaxy line and the iphone, they pretty much have the market covered. just ask the fans of all of the new windows phones (of which verizon has none of the best....not even comparable to the best). three months ago you could find a thread similar to this one on other carrier sites, but those users were wishing for the DNA. it will be nice once everything is LTE and manufacturers can make one model that could be available on any carrier. it would be REAL nice if we could just buy whatever phone we want, retail, and take it to the carrier that suits us best, and activate it. no branding, no subsidizing, no bloatware, etc, etc

jlbora23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very good points. You're 100% right in that we that want the "One" and

belong to Verizon are a small minority, but at the same time they need to

listen to their customers and try to keep everyone happy. If they pass

completely on the One and don't at least bring their own version withing a

few months of its release or just fold and change their direction and take

part in the multi-carrier launch, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

I think they probably do have something up their sleeve and its gonna come

in April or May and they will have an exclusive color(red) addition of sd

card slot and who knows.....maybe even a nice 2800mah killer battery! But I

do think they need to at least make an announcement of sorts before or

right after the One launches global at 185+ carriers! That's just

ridiculous to not take part in, so that also leads one to believe that they

have to have some kind of move planned...

AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah......when they passed on the iphone, they launched androids (including the original moto droid) shortly after. when they passed on the galaxy s ii, they launched the galaxy nexus shortly after. i don't know if it will be a version of the One, or if it will be as early as spring (i would guess summer, since they are still pushing the DNA) but they'll have another HTC at some point. they aren't going to announce anything about anything though. they never have and never will. what they do is announce a launch of one of their phones, when they are ready to sell it.

0 Likes
jeffallyson23
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's also what really sucks about Verizon the fact that they have over 100 million subs strong is that they don't care and what's funny is that they really should care. Taking care of your customers and listening to them is how you got there. It seems that Verizon does always eventually come through and that's probably why so many of us stay with them. But really all they had and have to do is take part in these launches, get the galaxy S2, the LG OptimusG, the Nexus 4, and the HTC One! It wouldn't be that hard to just jump on board, but no they have to wait and see what other carriers do and then try to beat them or out do them and by doing so and being different sometimes that doesn't always work. Case in point: The DNA, which is probably now selling okay which is why they didn't want to throw another big HTC branded device into the mix. But it's funny because putting the 2 side by side I bet ther would still be plenty of people who would take the DNA with water resistant case, 5' screen, wireless charging, and only 16gb storage.

It's kinda funny that the DNA was such a sniper release and nobody really knew much about it until after the new year when they first started a big national ad campaign.

0 Likes