Re: New HTC One
joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

For HTC the cost difference between a phone with 16gb of storage and a phone with 32gb of storage is about 10$. thats right folks they typically charge you around 200 for a 16gb phone and 100 more(300$) for a 32gb phone. so basically by you choosing to pay 100 dollars more for the 32gb model your giving the company 90$ profit. but anyway Im just pointing out that it really would not cost very much at all for HTC or Verizon to have produced a 32gb version of the DNA in fact they could have made a Lot more profit selling a 32gb version.

I have a feeling they Verizon wants you to start using more "cloud" storage because that will cause you to use more data accessing all of those files on the go, which will mean you need to spend more on your shared data plan. Its like a marketing scheme for the rich to get richer.

Verizon knows they have the best service and that they have us by the balls with our contracts. The majority of people would never use the 16gb of space, let alone understand the difference between any of the specs between phone to phone. so Sadly Verizon doesn't care if a few of the smart people want the cutting edge. They simply add some red accents and "flare" to a phone and know people with buy it because it looks cool.

And I doubt complaining in this discussion will make a difference. If representatives from Verizon were really reading and monitoring this discussion someone would have probably chimed in by now and said, " no wait Verizon's working on something just hang tight". But all you get is crickets

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would love for Verizon to loosen the slack and take the chains off these phones. It must be a nightmare for manufactures to meet standards under Verizon's guidelines. For instance I have a Droid Bionic which is the SAME EXACT phone as the droid razr, same hardware, same screen same everything. the only difference is the razors case and battery was mushed together and made much thinner. So the software was pretty much the same. The droid bionic was released a year before the razr so Verizon much have said, "how can we sell more of the same hard ware? make it thinner and give it a new name" anyway the razr received the ICS update before the bionic, yet you could still get the beta pre release builds online. So when ICS came out for the Razr a few people complained that the Flash video did not work correctly on the ICS update on the Razr. Sooooo Verizon decided to hold a perfectly good and running build from being release for months until they finally let Motorola the ICS update for the Bionic. So simple things like that will cause Verizon to say no to manufacturers(even though flash isn't supported on any builds of Android after Gingerbread)

0 Likes
joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope HTC is right and Verizon is working on something. But come on Verizon give us some info. I'm sure Verizon has know all the details about this phone way before HTC announced the device to us. which means they should have been working on a plan for this for a while. SO LET US KNOW WHATS GOING ON. GIVE THE CUSTOMERS SOME HOPE, SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL PLEASE.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I'll most likely be jumping, too.  But, I see across the internet that people are jumping to AT&T..  Is there a reason for them over Sprint for a particular reason  I'll go to either one, but have heard bad stories of coverage with both.  Is AT&T considered to be better at coverage over the U.S.??  I need to do my homework before waving my hand good-bye to Verizon,, who TOTALLY screwed this one up big-time!  Wow, what an *awful* decision!

It cost them all of my business.

0 Likes
joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

agreed, If someone can think of a way to organize this and get our voice heard, i'm definitively in. It needs to have a least the same specs as the HTC One and It can even be a little bit thicker as long as you add wireless charging or a larger battery and IT BETTER HAVE AT LEAST A  32GB option or Micro CD card slot.

0 Likes
KneeDragr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It depends on where you are, but in general AT&T has a better network and more LTE deployments than Sprint.

0 Likes
lropka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with all. If verizon does not get the One soon I'm outa here!

UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I gotta say I have been loving my Rezound but its upgrade time soon and the wife really wants my Rezound in place of her Incredible.. Like everyone else here I am having the same dilemna. I like the DNA but storage is lacking and the new One specs are just awesome. I don't understand why they have to be so proprietary with their devices (especially HTC). And because the One is going to 3 top carriers the likelihood that accessories will be mass produced by various companies is huge (i.e. iPhone), hence Verizon could make even more money by selling accessories as there would be more for the choosing for such a widespread device.

That said, I love Verizons service and I have been with them since they took over Alltel here in NC. I have only had HTC phones with Verizon and I would like to continue that tradition but things are looking bleak in the HTC world around here..

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah your right I didn't even think of that. If Verizon makes their own HTC One version then it probably will need different accessories, and the worst part.... different software. The updates are going to be soo far behind the official One updates. the android development will also not be as large.

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

While $speculative, your cost analysis makes sense conceptually.  I heard rumours thru HTC about VZW trying to "encourage" usage of cloud storage.  If it's true, it's certainly consistently with VZW's relentless "encouragement" of me to use VZ navigator, even though every time I choose Google Maps as my "default".

VZW just doesn't get it.  I heard Google was trying to discourage SD card storage because the fragmentation between integrated Flash (which is needed for boot) vs. external SDC causes confusion.  Well, at least that makes sense (though such mitigation of confusion by eliminating SD Card would come at the expense of the convenience of removable storage).  But what does VZW do?  They impose the confusion of having to fragment your data (where did I store such and such -- is it on the cloud or on my phone?).  It's lame.

You know these forums are just for folks to help each other with issues in order to cut customer service $costs.  I highly doubt VZW product mgmt and marketing have the tech savvy to mine these forums.

0 Likes