Re: New HTC One
danyellw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the frustration everybody is feeling.

The DNA has a lot of flaws addressed by the HTC One (storage, larger battery, IR, stereo speakers, aluminium construction - should I go on?) and chose to not carry their flagship device.

Why did Verizon choose to not carry it? I assume it is because they want to keep selling their flawed product - that they helped to make such a flawed device.

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope they do make a verizon branded HTC One, or even a Sony Xperia Z. I hope they announce it fast though, Ive already been waiting to upgrade my phone for over a year now. If not I guess ill have to wait for the next new flagship......

0 Likes
joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

They probably don't want to hurt the sales on the droid DNA. If they release the HTC One they would have to probably cut the price of the DNA in half otherwise no one would buy it. who ever is making the decisions on which phones to carry with Verizon should be fired. I might be wrong with this but didn't Verizon turn down a deal with apple to sell the iphone on their network originally. Not that I like the iphone Im just pointing out how verizon is bad at picking out which phones to carry.

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Heres a quote from droid-life.com

No Verizon, really?

HTC stood on stage today and announced that the One would be available on some 180+ carriers around the globe. That should be every major carrier on the planet, right? Nope. Verizon decided to pass on the phone. We aren’t sure why, but it could be that they just released the DNA and dropping this phone so soon would be a difficult sell. Whatever the reason is, I don’t get it nor will I ever. This is HTC’s phone of the year, one that will rival whatever Samsung puts out, and here Big Red is saying “No.” That’s embarrassing. It’s also unfortunate for consumers who deserve to have the best options available when it comes to buying a smartphone.(http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/19/initial-thoughts-on-the-htc-one/)

180 global carries and not big red.... wtf verizon

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

anyone have a number or a email we can voice our complaints too? I know its going to go no were but I might as well make someones day miserable .

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

joemill453 wrote:

They probably don't want to hurt the sales on the droid DNA. If they release the HTC One they would have to probably cut the price of the DNA in half otherwise no one would buy it. who ever is making the decisions on which phones to carry with Verizon should be fired. I might be wrong with this but didn't Verizon turn down a deal with apple to sell the iphone on their network originally. Not that I like the iphone Im just pointing out how verizon is bad at picking out which phones to carry.

i won't knock them for passing on the iphone. apple likes to have more control than verizon cares to give up. they also lose more $ on iphones than other smartphones (i know they make $ on the contract, but i'm talking about the subidization of the device itself). they saw android as the future of phones and i'll give them credit for that. i just saw an article that said by the end of the year there will be about 2.5 times as many android users as iphone users.

as far as their relationship with htc goes, they have always seemed to be off on the schedule. the tend to release their own htc device when the other carriers don't, and then don't get a similar device when the other carriers do get something nice to launch. while i'd love to see the One on verizon, i can't say verizon has really let me down when it comes to htc. they got the incredible, which was my first smartphone, and i have to say i think it blew away anything that was out at the time. i wanted the Evo, but had to wait for the tbolt. but when i did get it, verizon and htc delivered the first LTE smartphone ever. i didn't get the rezound, but from seeing others with it, it appeared to be the best htc when it launched. i can only hope they get something comparable to the One maybe this summer. but i think you are right. i doubt they want to launch another DNA type of device just months after launching the DNA. i won't be surprised if they get something this summer that slightly out specs the One that is launching now.

PLO
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was very upsetting news. Sprint is looking a lot better to me! They will be losing a lot of customers because of this unless they release some kind of news of this so called dna plus. Or at least tells the world why they turned down the HTC One. They should explain to their customers why. After all with out customers they would be with no job and company.

Marinkidink
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking it might be time to look into other carriers. Passing on the HTC One was a mistake. I am more than ready to buy a new phone, but Verizon's current crop is disappointing, and there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile on the horizon.  I know that the GS4 will probably be released in a couple of months and that it might be a good phone, but I don't like Samsung's build quality.  There's a rumor that the HTC One will be released by Verizon as the DNA Plus. However, when or if that will happen is anyone's guess and, if it is, it will probably be redesigned to fit Verizon. That means, in addition to those red "accents", they'll mess it up somehow trying to be different.  If they passed on this because of the DNA, they miscalculated. If I wanted a DNA, I would buy the DNA.

So, as a Verizon customer, not only do I have to put up with bloat ware and a poor track record on updates, but also with a lackluster choice of phones. I feel like I have no choice but to start looking into other carriers.

TOWERTECH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot believe verizon passed, I am at a point in my contract due to upgrade next week and could very well just end it and walk away to another carrier, the phone selection is quite terrible, the HTC one looks like a great phone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

the rumor os that they'll get it and just rename and brand it. but who knows? either way, it will end up being long after launch. then again, the gsiii and note ii came out on verizon way after the rest. i hate, but have come to accept it. the service is just too good for me to go elsewhere, so i get a phone that i want/like, but usually later then the rest. it doesn't bother me much, as long as they do get it eventually. htc wants to go the route of the galaxy line so hopefully all major carriers will have this, sooner or later. i gave up on htc this time and went with a samsung. if they can't design THEIR OWN phone to our demand, then i have no use for them. i don't care if it was verizon that told them to limit the memory on the DNA. they could have simply said "no....we'll take this device to another carrier."

If Verizon get this version, I'm sold. As long as it's the 64 GB memory too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.