New HTC One
joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like HTC just announced the new flag ship HTC One http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/#overview

Why isnt verizon on the list of carriers to receive this phone?

Is it because Verizon has the Droid DNA? I would get this phone but it only comes with 16gb of non-expandable store.... what is that garbage?

what about Sonys flag ship the Xperia Z.

these phones are capable of running on Verizon's network but Verizon does offer them.

I am really getting sick of Verizons phone selection.

It just goes to show how little they care about providing the best experience for its customers

Labels (1)
Re: New HTC One
aries813
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed. I'm eligible for discounted upgrade, but have been waiting for a phone worth another 2 yr contract -- to me, the HTC One would be worth it. By comparison, the DNA falls short, but with a larger screen, may be preferred by some over the One.

Looking at other carriers, some good deals out there. The HTC One appears to be a handset that should not be passed up. If big red has a worthy alternative in the works, it seems wise to out with that info now.

dvl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon forever, since as long as I have owned a cell phone.  The <Deleted> running this company that are passing on the HTC One will be the reason I leave their carrier to get the phone I actually want.  Seriously, no one cares about Verizon's brand, you don't see these <Deleted> forcing Samsung or Apple to change the name of their phones for Verizon, so Verizon needs to put their <Deleted> on and get the phone that every other carrier is getting or they will lose this customer because that is the phone I want. 

I don't want their Droid DNA, I want this phone.

Verizon is seriously beginning to <Deleted> me off.

<Post edited for profanity and language per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah your right I did hear somewhere that verizon is working on their "branded" htc one, code named the DNAPLUS or something but when will that come out. maybe a month or two after the htc one comes out on the other carriers. I too have been waiting for a worthy phone to upgrade my contract with but everything Verizon currently offers is flawed in one or more ways like the s3 which only has a dual core qualcomm cpu or the note 2 which is a little to big for my comfort. the razor phones havent changed much since the droid bionic(still only have dual core qualcomms I believe). If im going to be suck with this phone that I typical use for everything I want to make sure it doesnt become obsolete in a few months(very unlikely since the technology develops so quickly) but I at least want the cutting edge. I really dont know what verizon was thinking by only offering a 16gb verzion of the Droid DNA. some games in the market take up about 2 or more gb of space. Idk about other people but if I have a phone with a 5" 1080p display and a quad core processor Im going to want to load it up with hd games, music, pictures and videos. the japanesse varient of the droid dna(htc j butterfly) has a 32gb model why couldnt verizon offer the same,

joemill453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed man.I too have be with Verizon forever due to the good reception their service gives. but I am truly getting sick of how they run their business. Dont even get me started with the share everything bull ****. Now i doubt the other carriers are much better but at least ill have the phone I want.

markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

+1 to all of these sentiments.  First I get stuck with the Pantech Breakout for 2yrs - a certified piece of crap if there ever was one with 80% of its memory taken up by bloatware (somehow VZ still has the nerve to actually offer this phone).  OK so maybe that's partially my fault - I'll take responsibility for it.

But then they whiff on the Nokia 920 series (oh but don't worry - it's coming, when nobody knows).

Now they whiff on this phone?  The DNA is 16GB minus bloatware and not expandable and only in black.  So basically it's like every other generic phone from 2012.  Great.  We can't have an actual good product competing with that now can we.

Verizon seems to be doing everything but offering an AT&T discount to try and get me to leave them.

msg452
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm feeling absolutely disgusted.  there *BETTER* be a version of this phone coming to Verizon.  that DNA *could* have been a decent device if Verizon hadn't crippled it by making HTC remove the SD capability.  I feel SORRY for HTC for having to deal with Verizon wanting all these changes that even its own customers don't want!  I feel that Verizon would do well to stick to developing plans and providing voice and data services, and just let HTC do what they do best, and just! stop! meddling!  Seriously, they're DESTROYING HTC's reputation and annoying/frustrating/angering their customers.

We're a business customer.  To say I've grown weary of Verizon's apparent habit of passing on HTC's devices, or feeling the need to inject all the bloatware into them that no one even likes, is a gross understatement. (at least offer the option to uninstall; these are our devices; it's not like these apps are required to for the phone to operate)  This latest development has me so frustrated that I am seriously, for the first time, considering taking our business elsewhere.  This is absolutely absurd.

The most frustrating part is that there doesn't seem to be any sort of avenue to provide feedback to the decision makers!!!

joemill453 wrote:

yeah your right I did hear somewhere that verizon is working on their "branded" htc one, code named the DNAPLUS or something but when will that come out. maybe a month or two after the htc one comes out on the other carriers. I too have been waiting for a worthy phone to upgrade my contract with but everything Verizon currently offers is flawed in one or more ways like the s3 which only has a dual core qualcomm cpu or the note 2 which is a little to big for my comfort. the razor phones havent changed much since the droid bionic(still only have dual core qualcomms I believe). If im going to be suck with this phone that I typical use for everything I want to make sure it doesnt become obsolete in a few months(very unlikely since the technology develops so quickly) but I at least want the cutting edge. I really dont know what verizon was thinking by only offering a 16gb verzion of the Droid DNA. some games in the market take up about 2 or more gb of space. Idk about other people but if I have a phone with a 5" 1080p display and a quad core processor Im going to want to load it up with hd games, music, pictures and videos. the japanesse varient of the droid dna(htc j butterfly) has a 32gb model why couldnt verizon offer the same,

AZSALUKI
Legend

the rumor os that they'll get it and just rename and brand it. but who knows? either way, it will end up being long after launch. then again, the gsiii and note ii came out on verizon way after the rest. i hate, but have come to accept it. the service is just too good for me to go elsewhere, so i get a phone that i want/like, but usually later then the rest. it doesn't bother me much, as long as they do get it eventually. htc wants to go the route of the galaxy line so hopefully all major carriers will have this, sooner or later. i gave up on htc this time and went with a samsung. if they can't design THEIR OWN phone to our demand, then i have no use for them. i don't care if it was verizon that told them to limit the memory on the DNA. they could have simply said "no....we'll take this device to another carrier."

msg452
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd be good with 2 months later or something like that, but just get it.  don't make us wait for another two years only for a lackluster release like the DNA; SO disappointing.

I hear what you're saying AZ, but I read that HTC was struggling to make it, and so needs to have its devices on all carriers.  if Verizon strong-armed the DNA modification, then that is truly unfortunate.

AZSALUKI wrote:

i gave up on htc this time and went with a samsung. if they can't design THEIR OWN phone to our demand, then i have no use for them. i don't care if it was verizon that told them to limit the memory on the DNA. they could have simply said "no....we'll take this device to another carrier."

As a side note, some details on the reasons behind these decisions would prevent a lot of speculation and vilification of Verizon.  Surely it has to matter to them that they're frustrating enthusiasts.

mikkiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so sad that Big Red decided not to go with the HTC One.  We couldn't get the ONE s,v,x.  Bad business and bad marketing.  I love my HTC phones.  Currently have a Rezound which I have been happy with, but with my 2 year upgrade fast approaching, I was looking forward to having the HTC One (M7).  I really hope its true that Big Red is branding their own version as the DLXPlus because I almost want to switch to Sprint or AT&T.    Smiley Sad