New Droid Phones?
BORay1

Hi There,

I'm new to the forum and perhaps I haven't found this particular thread, so please direct me to it since my initial search did not show an answer.

I was looking to get the new HTC Incredible, however the salesman mentioned that there might be two new Droid phones coming out in the late summer.

Has anyone heard of this regarding these supposed new phones?  I haven't heard anything and was wondering if anyone knew anything more of them?  Should I wait for those or go for the HTC Incredible.  I've got some time to look, so I was hoping someone here could help!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Droid Phones?
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola is supposedly coming out with the shadow and droid 2. Although i would not hold my breath if i were you it could be months before these phones come out. I currently have the incredible and i have had just about every other verizon phone and this is by far the best and my favorit IMO. But it comes down to do you want a phone now or do you want to wait for who knows how long to see if something shows up.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

Remember it's a salesman lol. But yeah, rumors are rumors just like Verizon was getting Iphone a month ago but found out that won't happen to 2012 if it even does...There is "supposed" to be a few phones comign out. The summer months are the time most of the big name phones hit the market and again around the holidays. So I'd guess the gamble is up to you on how you want to roll the dice.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

All you need to know....

Verizon Launching Two New Moto Droids In July

May 27, 2010, 6:58 PM   by Eric M. Zeman

According to the Wall Street Journal, Verizon Wireless will be promoting and launching two new Android handsets made by Motorola. "We will introduce new Droid products in the Verizon franchise," said Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha. Jha also indicated that Verizon will be supporting its devices with marketing campaigns similar to that seen promoting the original Motorola Droid. Since Verizon Wireless is the entity licensing the Droid brand from Lucasfilm, it is up to Verizon to bestow its best Android handsets with the Droid brand. Motorola is banking its survival on the strength of the Android platform. Most of the handsets it has released in the last nine months have all been based on Android. Jha didn't provide any specifics about the devices it will be releasing in July. Full Story

Although some other user said the 2 phones are do out in August instead. It may be worth waiting for yes. 

0 Likes
Dino019

The Motorola Droid Shadow is now being called the Xtreme. It is supposed to be released in early July. although, VZW is expected to drop something BIG on Fathers Day.......now whether they drop info or the phone, well, nobody really knows for sure.

the other Moto Droid phone, aka droid 2, has been pushed back to August due to  a shortage of hardware.

If you want more info go to www.droid-life.com

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've heard the same thing about these two phones.  I'm also in a dilemma w/ my newly purchased moto droid.  I have until June 9 to return the phone and wait for droid 2.  I haven't decided yet, but I think I may just keep my droid.  I'm just thinking of rooting it instead.  I only really care that it is fast (overclocking it) when I'm on the internet and I already love the screen resolution on the droid.  I love how solid the droid is which is one thing why i didn't go w/ the DInc.  My 2 yr old has already dropped my droid and nothing, still going strong.  I shutter to think how the DInc would've handled that drop.  If you have the patience to wait, then just wait the 1-2 months until the phones comes out.  GL!

0 Likes
BORay1

Hey,

Thanks for all the great responses.  I may just wait till June 20th to see what comes out.  It makes sense to me to be releasing a new phone for father's day.  Maybe's that's what Verizon is planning on doing, who knows.

Does anyone know any details about the new phones, or is it all just rumor?  I mean if the phone has a faster processor, or a better screen then I'll be more inclined to wait, but if it has a better camera, I'm not sure it will really matter that much.

Also, I've read a lot of people who have had difficulties going to the new software version, I would assume any new phone would come out with that installed.  Does the HTC Incredible have that on it, for people who just got it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I do too have a line up for upgrade but Im going to wait it out. if the droid 2 has a bigger screen , snapdragon and keyboard then yeah im getting it. I am quite satisfied with my moto droid for now.
0 Likes
stevehy

BORay1 wrote:

Hey,

Thanks for all the great responses.  I may just wait till June 20th to see what comes out.  It makes sense to me to be releasing a new phone for father's day.  Maybe's that's what Verizon is planning on doing, who knows.

Does anyone know any details about the new phones, or is it all just rumor?  I mean if the phone has a faster processor, or a better screen then I'll be more inclined to wait, but if it has a better camera, I'm not sure it will really matter that much.

Also, I've read a lot of people who have had difficulties going to the new software version, I would assume any new phone would come out with that installed.  Does the HTC Incredible have that on it, for people who just got it?

Thanks!

The Xtreme due soon has a 4” screen, 854x (same as original Droid, only larger screen), faster OMAP processor (seems to be twice as fast based on benchmarks, phone is very thin and light, but with same all metal construction as Droid. It appears to have a front facing came, also an 8mp camera on rear.
0 Likes