Re: New Commando freezes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GreenRobot,

I understand your discontent with the issues you are encountering with your phone. While no Safe Mode option is available for the Commando, other customers reporting similar issues were able to resolve by doing a hard reset http://vz.to/1eIkBlq please give it a try and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for your reply but since I originally said on July 19th that I was having the freezing issue twice that day it actually has been happening less often. Maybe only 1-2 times a week now and on this type of Android I consider that to be normal. So I'll probably refrain from wiping all my stuff off of my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update GreenRobot. That is pretty normal if it's only happening 1-2 times per week. If it starts happening more often, monitor to see if it's happening with certain apps or tasks.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eppejk

I have had the same frezzing screen problems. I sent the phone back and received a replacement and does the same thing. I am not impressed with this one at all.

0 Likes
daashadow

this happens to me too. it seems like every 3-4 days. i even close the apps by swiping every  day. Another problem I have found and cant seem to get any help on is down loading to my computer. I am running Windows XP still and verizon said this new phone is not supported by xp. they would look into it and get back to me..... 2 months ago....   their resolve was to take the sim card from comm gz 4g and put it in my comm gz and down load like that..... does that sound nuts ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone working like it should daashadow. Is a particular app freezing? Do you receive any force close errors? Also, as Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, we aren't able to create new software to allow phones to function on the older operating system. If you have a USB card reader for your computer that would be a good option as well to transfer data.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
daashadow

it freezes when it want. sometimes when im on a call. and i have to

disconnect the bat to hang up. sometimes in a text message. sometime in an

app.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Please clear cache from Messages and any apps this freezes in http://vz.to/1epdihO and reboot. If you have any task killers or antivirus apps, please uninstall.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
cowboykenfl

Ugh!!  Mine still freezes.  I got mine in October, supposed to do software update in November to solve this problem,the update changed nothing. Then, last weekend, another software update that made things worse!!  My phone is almost unusable, I have told all my friends do not text me!!  When I dropped my son off at school this morning, the time was 15 minutes off because the phone had randomly froze.  I needed to pull up my calendar and check an address, I had to pull the battery 4 times before the phone would finally work!  It is so slow now!  After the battery is pulled, I have to wait about 15 minutes for all my standard apps to load (the button for battery save, the clock, the calendar, etc).  If verizon doesn't fix this phone soon, I am leaving!!

0 Likes
gatortony6

My commando 4g even freezes with all apps closed prior to bedtime and wake up with the phone telling me its 2 am ( this is at 6:30 am)

0 Likes