New Ally and updates - need advice
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting a new Ally today, because, well there are a number of reasons.  I had already been having some issues before the update, but after the update it just completely crapped out.  Soliciting advice on whether or not I should even install the update.  I'm understandably a little gun shy because of what it did to my old Ally.  Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Ally and updates - need advice
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

Hello  HC ... I loved my fxstb.

I never had any issues with the ally except low system resources.

After the update it increased my system resources and extrended the battery life.

It broke the think free office app. but I could care about that. And neither did anyone else. Because I called.. lol

Also... using the lg theme is faster and less problematic than the "Android Home" theme.

I would suggest the update. There will be others... ya know

0 Likes
Alex10

After doing the update on my Ally the other night, it crapped out on me. I returned it the next day as I'd only had the phone for 2 weeks. They tried a new battery in it and it still did not work at all. They gave me a brand new phone. I once again got the option to update and I did.. and it worked. So I don't know why some of the phones are dying because of that update.

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

As it turns out, that is exactly what happened. Got the new phone and the update has worked just fine. 

0 Likes