Network Extenders and Texting
danzansky

I installed Network Extenders in my home and office.  One is the residential model, the other is the commercial-grade model.  With my Motorola Android DroidX running version 2.3.4 and System Version 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US, I have trouble sending text messages ONLY WHEN IN RANGE of the Network Extenders.  I often have to re-try sending messages 2 or 3 times.  I've read on other blogs that the messages are actually getting through but the success code isn't getting sent or being received by my phone.  I can't afford to not have proper confirmation.  Anyone else having this problem?  I love the Network Extenders for cell phone usage, I need a fix for the texting problem.  Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extenders and Texting
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello danzansky,

I know how frustrating it can be to keep resending text messages. I am here to help. Did your wireless device successfully register on the network? Your wireless device has to be within 44-feet of the Network Extender in order to successfully register on the network.

To make sure the device is registered on the Network Extender use your wireless device, dial #48, press the Send key then listen for the announcement confirmation. 

"You are under Network Extender coverage"

Also, if the device is not registered on Network Extender, you will receive message.

"Welcome To Verizon Wireless Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again. Announcement 4. Switch."

Another thing to try from your wireless phone is to dial *228 press (Send) and choose option 2 . Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppot

0 Likes
danzansky

Yes, the phone is connected to the NE.  Looking at the Message Details screen, I see a Cause Code of Addr.Vcnt., 0.  I have no issue on voice calls or Internet access while attached to the NE.  We always hear the "do doop" chirp before the call so I know that we're attached.  Only a problem with Texting. 

0 Likes
gkast

All four of our phones have the same texting problem now that the network extender was installed.  Everyone is connected, but sometimes texts send back a message that it was not delivered.  There is no way to confirm whether it went through other than to keep trying until it does.  This sucks.  Also, there are times when you can't hear the other party on a couple of phones in the house.  It seems to be worse for a couple of phones and better for the other two.  Not sure what to do with these problems!

0 Likes