Need to know
Packman49

I want a Motorola Droid in the worst way but am not due for an upgrade until late Jan.. My current phone ( Blackberry Storm ) is a total disaster and I hate it with a passion. Had it replaced 3 times so far and all have been terrible. So my question is I'm so desperate for a good phone I've considered buying one off eBay!! If I did and it were to have a problem would Verizon take care or repairs ?  If I end up having to wait until I'm due for an upgrade there may be a Storm roasting next to the chesnuts on an open fire.

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to know
droiddude

Try logging in to your Verizon wireless account and selecting upgrade my phone. You may be surprised.

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I would not buy it on ebay. I am on my second defective droid. I would not want to risk it not being easily serviceable.

0 Likes
Packman49

Logging into my account says the same as a trip to the Verizon store... Can't upgrade until 1/25/10 . As for the defective phones that's my main question. If they're purchased from a Verizon store and then sold on eBay who is responsible for repairs ? Several of the ones on eBay are from people who used their upgrade to get one to resell. After reading some rumors of the upcoming HTC Passion/Dragon I may be better off to wait.  

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

If you buy off eBay please make sure that you add insurance to your account so that you are covered for any possibility.

0 Likes