Need new phone
vweavers

I purchased a new HTC One (M7) about four months back.  It seemed to be a great phone...for a while.  About two months in, I started noticing problems- I wouldn't receive notification on the panel, but if I went into the text messages there would be an unread one(s).  The phone has turned its ring volume off by itself many times.  These two issues have caused me grief with my ex and girlfriend (accused of ignoring them).  Lately, I'll randomly not have mobile data (internet) available from the browser, though I've got bars, and the Mobile Data setting says it is 'connected'.  Though the phone is only 4 months old now, a battery charge doesn't last the day anymore.  Today, I'm told my phone is sending text messages twice (could be the service, not the phone).

I took the phone into a Verizon store before I had it 90 days, and the guy told me they couldn't do anything about it.  I'd have to purchase a new phone (at full price, of course).  I've been a long time Verizon customer (been with the company through name changes since 1988), and just haven't see the loyalty I would expect from Verizon for the past few years when I have had issues.  I definitely can't afford to put out $400+ for a phone, and even a phone @$100 would be difficult to do with my budget.

If anyone has serious suggestions, I would appreciate them. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need new phone
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You still have the 8 months factory warranty on this M7 and I would return the phone at this point for HTC to handle. Your device from the post is showing a phone that is failing in more small ways each day. HTC is a company that has always been good in backing their service repairs/replacement. Purchase a low cost basic prepaid to use if possible for a short time. I would not keep a 4 month old device that is under a warranty. On your girlfriends I have no suggestions. 

0 Likes