Need help with some answers on my Droid razr Maxx HD
Monica30

Good morning, I'm new here so please bare with me. 

I currently bought a droid razr maxx hd a few weeks ago.  My first device was a lemon.  so the first week was rough but, I had it replaced and I love my device thus far. 

My first question is about the Google Play App Store.  I am having issues with a downloaded app.  I went to their website from my laptop.  It shows all my past android devices.  However, it shows my current device as the droid razr hd (no maxx?) I logged into my Verizon to double check and I do have the maxx.  Could this be why my app isn't working properly?? Also, this app worked great until my device did a system update.  Now it doesn't seem to be working well.  I have used this app on all my past devices and it has worked beautifully. 

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a few times.  Cleared all data for app.  Powered my phone off and back on several times. 

The google play app store with the wrong device listed as mine has me concerned.  Should I be worried?  And I'm the only one using the email address that I use for the app store.  So it's not another device.  Thanks so much for listening to me ramble. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with some answers on my Droid razr Maxx HD
Not applicable

One good thing about the Google App Store or Play Store you can purchase the app say on your android phone and the go and download the app on other android devices you own like tablets and other smart phones.

Now I cannot say why it does not function correctly be it the update, or a bad install of which I read you have removed and reinstalled already.

If you have the account email (Gmail Account) set correctly in the phone vis a vie the replacement phone the app should be recognized by Google and function properly. You could try downloading the app again after completely removing app from your device. Make sure the gmail account is correct on your device and then download it again.

Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Need help with some answers on my Droid razr Maxx HD
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't the wrong device. The DROID Razr HD and DROID Razr Maxx HD are basically the same device including model numbers. The only difference is the size of the battery and the back cover to accommodate that battery.

The Play Store listing is based on the model number of the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes