Re: Need help with deciding on witch phone to get
Big_Ron

yep teh Droid X has a lot of great things. but when i'm in HongKong ,Menila,Singapore, tahiland,Korea,Austrila or any of teh other cuntrey's i go to not haveing teh abulty to change sim cards is a big deal. is CDMA new tech or is it old i thought that CDMA was what all cell phones used and when 3G came on to teh marcket it went to SimCards?

0 Likes
Schmoo

CDMA is the technology Verizon and Sprint chose to go with.  AT&T, T-Mobile and most of the rest of the world chose GSM.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

well that puts the brakes on my dicesion. as much as i hate the iPhone. i may have to keep it and go with a different provider. somthing i will have to think on o have 53 days to think about it. any body else have any more info. is CDMA better then GSM?

0 Likes
Big_Ron

i have another qustion? i have been hearing that teh Droid's have been up dated to 2.2, but the Droid X is still 2.1. is the Droid X going to be up dated?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it will be updated.  Some people are just impatient and think very negatively about it. 

0 Likes
Big_Ron

I'm by any mean's not impatient as I do not own a Droid yet. But I'm researching witch one I want as you can see by the thread. I have been reading a lot of the Tech news's sites that the Droid X my not be able to do a over the air up date like the Droid 2 witch shipped with 2.2 or and HTC incredible. i just dont want to make teh wrong chose. i really like the Droid X but the R2 version of teh Droid 2 is growing on me. my wife is set on teh Droid 2 for her self. can any body give any more feed back.  

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Big_Ron wrote:

I'm by any mean's not impatient as I do not own a Droid yet. But I'm researching witch one I want as you can see by the thread. I have been reading a lot of the Tech news's sites that the Droid X my not be able to do a over the air up date like the Droid 2 witch shipped with 2.2 or and HTC incredible. i just dont want to make teh wrong chose. i really like the Droid X but the R2 version of teh Droid 2 is growing on me. my wife is set on teh Droid 2 for her self. can any body give any more feed back.  

It wasn't directed towards you at all.  I was mearly pointing out that if someone says it will not be is because they became impatient and believe on the rumors, and then it has a viral effect.  Motorola says it will be updated, but never said when.  People fail to realize different devices, different kernels, and different drivers.  So if one device gets the update before another well they are different.

I have the Droid 2 and so far I love it.  It's not much different than the Droid X other than 2.2 with a keyboard, and a smaller screen.  I haven't really hit any of the problems people are complaining about.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

hay thanks that makes a lot of since. like i said teh R2-D2 droid 2 is growing in me a lot i will be back in the states in 50 days so hopefully it will be out so i can but one

0 Likes
Big_Ron

have a new question? is any body having issues with Bluetooth head set's? I’m hearing people are having issues with the Bluetooth program taking up to 30 sec to start before you can use voice dialing.

0 Likes