Re: Need help with deciding on witch phone to get
Big_Ron

a extendbile anta would be cool talk about 1998 lol. is there any apps i should get besids the gps adn stuff. and as much i hat the Iphone do they have the air trafic control game lol

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

check out the droid apps section of this forum. there are a TON of apps you will want.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

there is ton's of apps i did a little reserch 30,000 apps for the droid and 300,000 for teh iPod. but teh If i rember correctley the Droid out sold teh iPod this mounth. well it olooks like i will be getting teh Droid X and my wife wants teh Droid 2. not i have to wait to get back to teh states to order them thanks you for all teh help if there is any thing else to add please feel free to add it.

Is the ferm ware up date out and did it help or brake teh phone

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Big_Ron wrote:

there is ton's of apps i did a little reserch 30,000 apps for the droid and 300,000 for teh iPod. but teh If i rember correctley the Droid out sold teh iPod this mounth. well it olooks like i will be getting teh Droid X and my wife wants teh Droid 2. not i have to wait to get back to teh states to order them thanks you for all teh help if there is any thing else to add please feel free to add it.

Is the ferm ware up date out and did it help or brake teh phone

Not sure about the iPod itself. I know there are more apps for the iPhone being that iPhone has been out longer then any of the android phones. However apps are being made constantly for the android market so it should surpass or even catch up to the apps available for the iphone. Secondly Android phones really out sell all the Apple products including the iPhone. iPhone was just made for AT&T which I think in the long run hurt Apple. (But who cares right? :smileyvery-happy:) Android just completely expanded their product to different carries rather then just focusing on one direct provider.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

Did you read teh artical by MIT on what they got teh Droid to do WOW. C-ya iPod

0 Likes
eddiejt

Heres what it really comes down to for you then. Both phones are great choices. The droid2 comes with a physical keyboard, and a 3.7 inch screen. Which is plenty big enough. The X doesn't come with a physical keyboard but the screen is 4.3 inches. The Camera on the droid2 is a 5mp which is very grainy on indoor photos, I know this from personal experience, however, outside and regular lighting photos are fine. The X has an 8 Mp camera and the photos are great indoors and out. After playing with both phones in the store and owning a motorola droid1, my next choice is going to be the X. THe other thing is this, The droid2 already has the latest operating system out of the box, while the X will have to wait for the 2.2 upgrade. This just means that the droid2 is flash capable out of the box, whie the X will have to wait for the upgrade to get that. So if you feel you will be playing a lot of flash content right away, then get the droid2. News is that the X will receive an upgrade sometime in september though.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

does teh Droid-X and the Droid 2 use a SIM card. this will be a make or brake deal with the phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Big_Ron wrote:

does teh Droid-X and the Droid 2 use a SIM card. this will be a make or brake deal with the phone

Neither of the phones has a SIM card.  They use CDMA technology that does not require SIM cards.  GSM technology uses SIM cards.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

well thats kind of a let down. i travel a lot over sea's and its a big pluse to be able to use SIM card's from that countery. like i do with my cpary iPhone.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
The x has a HDMI output as well as records video in hd.
0 Likes