Need help with deciding on witch phone to get
Big_Ron

Need some help with figuring out what phone to get? I’ am set on getting the DroidX and my wife wants the Droid 2. So here is my question? The Droid 2 is showing it can expand out to 40Gig has a drop down keyboard ect but what I don’t see is that it can do GPS.

Can the DroidX memory be expanded bigger the 16 gig. I have lot of questions just need some answers

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with deciding on witch phone to get
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

The Droid X has 8GB of interneral memory. You can buy a higher memory card for the phone. The phone comes with a 16 GB card,but it supports up to 32 GB. As for the GPS thing, Google Maps is your GPS. You can get that free in the market if it already does not come preinstalled on your phone

0 Likes
Big_Ron

So either Phone can support the GPS. And the Droid-X it will only see 32 gig's? or if I have two 32 gig micro cards in the adapter will it see 64 gig?  Also the apps it shows when I compare the 2 phones on the Verizon web site are just the pre installed apps?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Big_Ron wrote:

So either Phone can support the GPS. And the Droid-X it will only see 32 gig's? or if I have two 32 gig micro cards in the adapter will it see 64 gig?  Also the apps it shows when I compare the 2 phones on the Verizon web site are just the pre installed apps?

Any android phone can have google maps on it. Google Maps has GPS on it. I have used Google Maps on my phone when I needed directions on where to go wine tasting. I read on phonescoop that Droid X supports up to 32GB only. Don't think a 64GB would work in the phone. On my HTC phone google maps already came preinstalled on it, but just in case this app does not already come on the phone, you can go to the market & easily download it there for free. There are MANY more apps you can get then the one's that come preinstalled on the phone.

0 Likes
ldpsychic
I have been very disappointed with my droidX. already needed a new battery, the universal inbox doesn't work,even though i have all my gmail accts,voicemail set up as accts in the settings none show in the universal inbox. the battery life is terrible and my phone contacts quit showing. i was told at the store you can only have 1 email account or the phone won't recognize phone contacts.
0 Likes
Big_Ron

Ok, here is some more questions?

When I click on compare phones it has X’s in some blocks and in other blocks there are check’s on them like both phones have V Cast Media Manager but only one has V Cast Videos. One has Mobile Broadband Capable and the other doesn’t. One has VZ Navigator and the other doesn’t. Now are these just apps that can be downloaded or is these fetchers I need to look at before I buy?

thanks thus far for all teh help

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Big_Ron wrote:

Ok, here is some more questions?

When I click on compare phones it has X’s in some blocks and in other blocks there are check’s on them like both phones have V Cast Media Manager but only one has V Cast Videos. One has Mobile Broadband Capable and the other doesn’t. One has VZ Navigator and the other doesn’t. Now are these just apps that can be downloaded or is these fetchers I need to look at before I buy?

thanks thus far for all teh help

I don't have the Droid X or any other android phone from Verizon. The apps that you see on each phone (from the site) sound like those apps come preinstalled on the phone. If you don't see the app on the phone when comparing then, I think you should be able to download them in the market place. Like the Vcast Videos is not preinstalled on 1 of the phones then I think you should be able to download that in the market.  Maybe someone else can shine in on this to confirm. 

Just so you know you can access TV shows and even music videos from apps that are offeed in the market place.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't believe the x supports vzn navigator, but that is a pay/subscription app and either phone has google's navigation for free so ignire that. here is what it really comes down to......do you want a phisacl qwerty or a full touch screen phone? some people like to have the physical qwerty keyboard and other like the full touch screen. for the most part the phones are identical, other than the qwerty keyboard. you'll be able to download the same apps on either device, they both have 1 ghz processors and both have micro sd card slots that are capable of a 32 gig micro sd card (you will not need more than that unless you plan on loading 50 movies onto your device). i'm not aware of any phone that handles 64 gig (yet). i would suggest that you go to a store and play around wil both and decide based on the look/feel of it, as, for all intensive purposes, they are the same phone.

0 Likes
Big_Ron

I would love to go play with one. But I’m currently deployed  over sea’s with the Navy right now due to come home back to the states in a few months and I’m looking for a new phone, the one’s in Japan suck and so does the service. Can’t wait for an American phone. I compared both phones on the version website and it shoed the Droid x to support VZ navigator. And it showed the Droid 2 to be expandable to 40 gig. My wife wants the keyboard I personally don’t like the drop down keyboard. Is there any thing else you all can tell me every body has been extremely helpfully. But at this point it looks like I’m going with the droid X and my wife will be getting the Droid 2. What about sound, camera is the touch screen accurate?   

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Big_Ron wrote:

I would love to go play with one. But I’m currently deployed  over sea’s with the Navy right now due to come home back to the states in a few months and I’m looking for a new phone, the one’s in Japan suck and so does the service. Can’t wait for an American phone. I compared both phones on the version website and it shoed the Droid x to support VZ navigator. And it showed the Droid 2 to be expandable to 40 gig. My wife wants the keyboard I personally don’t like the drop down keyboard. Is there any thing else you all can tell me every body has been extremely helpfully. But at this point it looks like I’m going with the droid X and my wife will be getting the Droid 2. What about sound, camera is the touch screen accurate?   

Thank you for serving the U.S. Navy!

I hope you do enjoy the new Droid X and your wife enjoys the Droid 2. Remember this....you both have 30 days to try out the phone. If you don't like for whatever reason or something is wrong with it just exchange it. This is nice because you can pretty much test out the phone & see if it meets your needs/wants.  Not sure about the sound or camera. For touch screen I have read it is pretty responsive. Have you ever owned a touch screen before? If not it may take a little time to warm up to the touch screen part. Just remember, practice makes perfect for typing on the touch screen and other things. I  think the Droid X has swype built into it which makes it easier to type on

0 Likes