Need help with Droid
mjung86

I just got my Motorola droid a day ago and I've tried resyncing my contacts and settings to see if there was a way to solve my problem ,but I couldn't resolve it so I'm asking people on this board for help.

1) For some reason all calls thats i receive is coming up as unknown and won't show me the name of the person who is calling even though they are in my contacts.

2) I am unable to receive any text messages from my friends and family.

3) Is there a way to program a speed dial setting so if i press 1 and send it would call a certain person?

Any help would be appreciated because this problem is quite annoying and would appreciate any help I can get.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with Droid
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only help I could give to the first two is : turn the phone completely off, wiat a few seconds, turn back on.  Sometimes a reboot fixes a lot.  If that doesn't work or you have already tried that, It is probably time to call Verizon Tech support.

The third question is answered here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Devices/Adding-a-contact-to-the-home-page/m-p/112430

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

With your first question, make sure the number saved in your phone is exactly how it comes across when they call.  I noticed on my old phones that I had a "1" entered for area codes different from mine.

0 Likes
smortega
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you find an answer to the "unknown" calls? I too have all of my calls showing up as "unknown" even if they are in my contact list.  Please help if you found a solution!

0 Likes
2pt5RS
Enthusiast - Level 3

After working for Verizon for 4.5 years, it would appear that your account is missing some features. They may have dropped off when you got the new phone. It happens all the time, and it's nothing you did. I would suggest calling tech support or going into a store to have them look and make sure the features are there. One of the features that has to be there for your contact list to work is....caller ID. Without that, your phone won't show any numbers, regardless of if they are in your contact list.

At the same time, there could have been a feature for text block added and that will prevent your texts from coming through. Are they receiving any messages you send?

No, there is no way to set a speed dial.

0 Likes