Nav is gone
angie1211

Since the update my Nav is gone. I did the uninstall update, got it back. Then it automatically reinstalled the update and now it's gone again. I've looked and I do not see where I can click the auto update as I can on other apps.  How do I fix this? I have to have my Nav.  And YES I did search, but if anything else is out there it's NOT coming up.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nav is gone
Seattleandroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same problem and did the same, uninstalled update but made sure that my phone is not set up to receive automatic updates. Maps sits in My Apps in Playstore as "update available" but I just ignore it. Small price to pay to have the original Nav back.

0 Likes
TechSupportMachine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your navigator is still there! I'm assuming you have a newer android (possibly a razr?). In the latest update, it got integrated into the maps app. Essentially, you type in the address you're looking for and it will show a blue arrow just like the old app icon, use this to navigate.

As for keeping it from updating, it depends on your phone model. Some phones have the ability to completely turn off all autoupdate by going to Settings > applications. I'm not sure what you're running but it's definitely worth a shot!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seattleandroid, the navigation feature is playing "Hide & Seek." The recent software update has consolidated the navigation feature with Google Maps. You can find this icon in your appilication menu. http://bit.ly/13eHxEG

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes