Re: NEXUS 5 or else
openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I've said in previous post, this was the last straw for me. They've already lost 4 lines from my family members and now there about lose a 5th one and hopefully more. It is so unbelievably stupid of the verizon asshats to not want this phone. But whatever, atleast I won't have to worry about locked bootloaders, horrible bloatware, scared to take an ota and dealing with verizon. The nexus life is a good life.

principled_purist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, and I started on a kyocera Qualcomm gold colored bar phone in Verizon my first year of college in 99? Pretty sure that's the year.

Yeah, this is really dumb to even have to complain about. Thanks, Verizon. Now I feel dumb, too...

0 Likes
blegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is very disappointing, I can not tell you how annoyed I am that the new NEXUS5 I just killed myself to go purchase wont work on Verizon, the supposed largest phone companies lines. I am leaving Verizon. FUCK YOU VERIZON

KickedAbyss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found this Reply off Support's posters:

billyjk, the common belief of our company is that we only provide devices that will give you the best wireless experience. We don't want you to leave. Stay tuned to see what our friends at Samsung have in store for us http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

- Are you kidding me?

That literally suggests that the Nexus 5 will not give people a good wireless experience.  What a horrible response.  Samsung? Sorry, I don't need a phablet, and the S4 is not all that impressive, sorry.  Nice try Verizon support.

KickedAbyss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off the phone with Verizon for a second day, hoping for an update.

I was given a very polite answer that yet again, they have been given no information on it. 

This time though, I was given this address:

Executive Relations

>Address removed<

I plan on writing a letter expressing my views in as diplomatic way as possible to the reasons why - unless I hear of a very, very good reason why I should not - I will be purchasing this device when it starts to ship (roughly 2 weeks away) and not look back.

Some key points I will be bringing up (and encourage others to do as well in their departure from Verizon) will include:

• Verizon's inability to provide succinct information to concerned customers to their lack of true 'leading edge' phones
    • *Note - phones that are not rife with bugs, glitches, or Verizon software or UI's that destroy the Android OS
  • The unprofessional way they have armed (Or, not armed) their support staff to deal with concerned customers who want an answer
  • Why Verizon continues to refuse to support a phone that offers no requirement for a contact, or that costs a high retail cost
  • Verizon supports the Apple iOS in a fashion that it will not support Android, that being a 'pure' OS with no excessive UI or "Bloat Ware" that the Nexus represents
  • Verizon - without fail - is always behind the curve on updates to it's devices (android). 
    • Even the most current phones have to wait between 90-120, even 150 days for the next 'update' due to supposed stringent testing and certifications
      • Despite this, frequently the updates still cause issues, making the extra wait seemingly pointless
        • An example of this is HTC's Thunderbolt random reboot bug, and the Rezound's random bugs
      • It seems that more often than not, it is to ensure that their bloatware is compatible and also updated
    • Apple devices are of course excluded from this, as they always get the updates Apple approves
  • Verizon has substantially higher costs than other carriers with no real benefit to consumers.
    • It would seem that rather than investing in better phones, this money often goes to either share holders in a bottom line, or to pay the likely large salary of support for applications such as "VZ Navigator" which is installed on phones with a much better 'free' application from Google, or applications that in turn get Verizon more money, and are forced down peoples throats by forcing them to be installed. 
      • IF we wanted them, we'd buy them off the Play store like we do all our other applications we buy.  But we really wouldn't, as they offer no real benefit over other available applications
    • While Verizon does seem to invest heavily into it's network hardware, it is quickly being shadowed by their competitors.
  • Their support model is good most of the time, but there are plenty of stories of users having issues and it taking weeks to get resolutions
    • I am a case in point, having spent literally over 40 hours on the phone with Verizon last summer, and going through four replacement devices which all had issue after issue (refurbished phones)
    • When a user has an issue beyond that which a normal support or customer service employee can resolve, they are either forced to work day after day up their chain of support to get to someone who can do something about it, or are forced to write a letter via snail-mail complaining to someone who may, or may not respond in time to keep a customer.

So... I feel a bit better now that I've put this all down.  Anyone have further thoughts beyond those I listed on why - from a polite and business perspective - Verizon is failing?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
veloslave

+1

I have been with Verizon for 13 years...

Customer support of old has gone bye bye

They are telling me my unlimited data is going bye bye

They are telling my chance to stay with a real Android like Nexus 5 is going bye bye

They better wake up, pull it out and get it together... or I too am bye bye

0 Likes
matt619sd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I left the coveted unlimited data on verizon for the nexus 5.  Ive got it running on a temp number from T-mobile right now just waiting out my last month with verizon to avoid ETF. T-mobile unlimited everything $70 a month no contract + nexus 5 = NO BRAINER! Good bye verizon.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The only reason Apple is a clean OS on Verizon's Network is because Apple refused to allow Verizon to add the Bloatware to the phone. In Apples contract they have it specified that if bloatware is added they will call the contract null and void and they will NOT ship any iPhones to Verizon.  Apple also does NOT allow Verizon to push their updates as they retain sole authority on the OS being pushed so if there is an issue on the phone Apple can fix the issue, push an update to all apples and it is done. Going the Verizon way it would take 4 months for that software push to hit any phones.

0 Likes
gbux

yea I've been loving my galaxy nexus. there is no way I'd go to an iphone or a bloatware android.  the OS on the nexus is so clean and beautiful.  my contract is up january 1st and without a nexus 5 or GPE HTC One on verizon I'm out.  The service might be great, but att or t mobile are good enough in my area to warrant not getting angry every time I wake my phone and see that verizon crap on my phone. The only other option is to stay on verizon and void out a warranty on a brand new HTC one and convert it to a google play phone.  Ditch a warranty to use a phone that they should support? no thank you.

0 Likes
kcjonez

I've been a VZ customer for over a decade and I plan to switch when my contract is up 2-15-14 if we don't see a Nexus 5. 

0 Likes