NEED HELP OR I AM GOING CRAZY
LF2013

I BOUGHT A VERIZON PREPAID SAMSUNG GALAXY LEGEND SCH-I200PP FROM WALMART AND ALSO PURCHASED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.  NOW I CANNOT GET MY PHONE TO CHARGE, SO I STARTED A CLAIM AND THE REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME TO REMOVE THE SIM CARD FROM THE PHONE BEFORE BOXING UP TO SHIP WITH THE UPS LABEL THEY PROVIDED.  ONCE THE LABEL IS SCANNED AT UPS, MY ACCOUNT WITH WALMART WILL BE CREDITED TO PURCHASE A NEW PHONE.......  THAT IS ALL GREAT, BUT WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE CARD????  I AM SOMEWHAT TECHIE, BUT SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEED HELP OR I AM GOING CRAZY
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

You are not crazy. This phone is 3G only and does not have a sim card. The rep must not have been familiar with the phone. 4G Verizon devices are the ones with sim cards.

As a reminder make sure you grab your micro SD card from your phone before you send it in (if you are using one).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

You are not crazy. This phone is 3G only and does not have a sim card. The rep must not have been familiar with the phone. 4G Verizon devices are the ones with sim cards.

As a reminder make sure you grab your micro SD card from your phone before you send it in (if you are using one).

0 Likes
LF2013

Thank you so very much.  So when I get my new phone, how will I be able to keep my number I have now?  Will that be possible?  And I am hoping that when I set up my email, through google, all my contacts and stuff will sync to new phone.....

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

I can't speak with 100% certainty, but I was under the impression that is long as your service is active, you'll be able to active another prepaid phone and keep your number. I thought the only time you lose your number on prepaid is when you fail to make a payment before the expiration date.

Your phones unique ESN/IMEI number is what gets tied to your account - so I imagine its just a matter of swapping out the old and putting in the new.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we assist you in the best way possible to ensure a smooth transition to your new device. If you have any questions regarding you pre pay account feel free to reach out to our pre pay team at 888-294-6804.

0 Likes