My wifi will not turn on Galaxy S5
csmith1004
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have attempted numerous time to get my wifi to turn on today.  I have restarted and powered off and back up and it still will not let me turn it on.  What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My wifi will not turn on Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Csmith1004,

I appreciate the clarification. Please go to Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings. You should then be able to toggle Wi-Fi on and off.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csmith1004,

Wifi is extremely important and you definitely need to be able to connect to it! How long has this issue been going on for and did it start with any updates - such as software or app updates?

You may want to try going into Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu (3 dots) > Advanced > Smart network switch and ensuring the Smart network switch is turned off.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
csmith1004
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was working yesterday afternoon.  I don't know what time it quit working, but I noticed it this morning when I arrived at work and was going to connect to our wifi here.

The Smart network switch was already off. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Csmith1004,

Thank you very much for checking on that setting for me. Does the Wi-Fi show as on, but not connected? Or are you unable to even turn it on so it's always showing as off?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
csmith1004
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is always showing off. It won't turn on from the pull down menu or by going through settings - WiFi. I habe cleared the cache and everything, still it won't turn on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Csmith1004,

I appreciate the clarification. Please go to Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings. You should then be able to toggle Wi-Fi on and off.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
jglazier

I just wanted to say "thanks" as the reset process mentioned above got me back up and running.  I would like to point out though that this isn't the first time this has happened to my Galaxy S5.  However, I would also like to note that both times this occurred were immediately after trying to use my hotspot.  Going through and having to reset all the settings to the way I like them is a hassle and makes me not want to use the hotspot function at all.  Any ideas on what the connection may be that is causing this to happen?

0 Likes